Customers can order as late as noon, choose from a massive selection of popular items including holiday gifts and household necessities, and have orders delivered the same day, seven days a week
SEATTLE, Nov. 5, 2014 /CNW/ - Today, Amazon.ca introduced a new delivery option making it even more convenient to shop on Amazon.ca. Starting today, customers shipping to Toronto and Vancouver can browse a vast selection of items and receive Same-Day Delivery. With Same-Day Delivery, customers can place orders as late as noon and receive packages before 9 p.m. the same day, every day.
"We're constantly working to speed up delivery times and introduce new services that make our customers' lives easier," said Alexandre Gagnon, country manager for Amazon.ca. "With Same-Day Delivery, customers in Toronto and Vancouver can conveniently take care of errands or complete holiday shopping in a day with just a few clicks, receive orders seven days a week and have what they need delivered to their home in a matter of hours."
To make life easier for customers shipping to Toronto and Vancouver, Same-Day Delivery features:
- Place Orders as Late as Noon: Customers can place orders as late as noon and receive packages before 9 p.m. the same day.
- Per-Order Pricing for Prime Members: Amazon Prime members receive Same-Day Delivery for a flat fee of $6.99 per-order, allowing members to add additional Same-Day Delivery eligible items to their order at no additional shipping cost. Pricing for non-Prime customers is calculated by adding an $11.99 "Per Shipment" cost and a $1.99 "Per Item" cost for most items.
- Receive Same-Day Orders Every Day: Customers can have orders delivered to their home seven days a week, including on the weekend.
More than One Million Eligible Items in Toronto; Hundreds of Thousands of Eligible Items in Vancouver
Amazon.ca has a massive selection of same-day eligible items including:
- Holiday Shopping Done in a Day: From last-minute holiday gifts to holiday décor and entertaining needs, customers can find a wide selection of items to get ready for the busy holiday season.
- New Releases: Find popular movies or video games, as well as many top electronics, gaming consoles and accessories.
- Household Necessities: To prevent running low on everyday home essentials, Amazon.ca also has items like laundry detergent, cleaning supplies and dish soap.
- Pantry Essentials: Stock your pantry with your family's favourite snacks, drinks and more.
- Consumer Electronic Supplies: Accessories like HDMI cables and speakers are available to make setting up any new electronics easier.
- Last-Minute Travel Needs: When packing for an upcoming trip, don't worry about running low on travel must-haves like shampoo, toothpaste, shaving cream or sunblock – find what you need and skip an eleventh hour trip to the store.
For more information about Same-Day Delivery or to browse a selection of popular Same-Day Delivery eligible items, visit www.amazon.ca/sameday.
Amazon.com opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995. The company is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire phone, Fire tablets, and Fire TV are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon.
For further information: Mercedes Smith, [email protected], 416 586-1929