Starting today through December 29, customers can discover Boxing Day deals - without having to leave home or brave the Boxing Day crowds
The Amazon.ca Boxing Day Deals store will feature incredible deals - all week long - on customers' favourite brands including Sennheiser, ASUS, Kenneth Cole, Garmin, Samsung, Pentax and KitchenAid
Amazon.ca celebrates busiest holiday season to date
SEATTLE, Dec. 23, 2013 /CNW/ - Today, Amazon.ca opened its Boxing Day Deals store where Canadians can find huge savings on popular items - all week long. This year, the Amazon.ca Boxing Day Deals store will open earlier than ever before and feature deals on popular items from brands such as Nikon, Mattel, Cuisinart, and more.
"To date, the 2013 holiday season has been the biggest ever for Amazon.ca - our customers ordered millions of items in November and December and we expect the entire week surrounding Boxing Day to be as busy," said Alexandre Gagnon, country manager for Amazon.ca. "By opening our Boxing Day Deals store early and offering deals all week, we're giving customers more time and flexibility when it comes to finding the best Boxing Day deals - without long checkout lines. Our customers can shop now from the comforts of home, find incredible deals, take advantage of free shipping on eligible items and have everything shipped directly to their doorstep."
Customers will find Boxing Day deals starting today through December 29 at www.amazon.ca/boxingday. A peek at this year's deals, include:
Electronics and Video Games
- Samsung UN40F6300AFXZC 40-inch 1080p 120Hz Slim Smart LED HDTV for $599, a savings of $430
- Pentax Q10 for $199, a savings of $200
- Sennheiser HD 205-II Studio Grade DJ Headphones for $45, a savings of $54
- Nikon AW110 Waterproof Camera for $199, a savings of $150
- Nikon D5100 SLR Camera for $438.95, a savings of $211
- ASUS TX300 13.3-Inch Intel Core i7 Laptop for $1,199, a savings of $300
- HP 15.6-Inch Laptop for $299, a savings of $100
- Up to 80% off select SanDisk Memory Cards and Flash Drives
- The Last of Us for $39.99, a savings of $20
- Batman Arkham Origins for $29.99, a savings of $30
- 50% off select Rosetta Stone items
- Polar Express G Gauge Train Set for $74.98, a savings of $74
- Mattel Bubble Mower for $24, a savings of $24
- Chillafish Jack Balance Bike (black and fire) and Josie Balance Bike (white and flowers) for $65, a savings of $64
- KidKraft Cook Together Kitchen for $135, a savings of $135
Tools, Home & Kitchen
- 40% off select KitchenAid items
- Toro 15-inch Electric 12-amp Curve Snow Blower for $179.99, a savings of $69
- Cuisinart Griddler Centro for $59.99, a savings of $80
- Oster Wine Kit with Battery-Operated Wine Opener for $14.99, a savings of $25
- Hoover Zen Whisper Multi Cyclonic Canister Vacuum for $249.99, a savings of $99
Watches and Luggage
- Stuhrling Original Women's Quartz Swarovski Crystal Bracelet Watch for $95.95, a savings of $24
- Kenneth Cole Reaction Risky Business Leather Business Case for $99.95, a savings of $27
- Stuhrling Original Men's Classic Winchester Self Wind Watch for $89.99, a savings of $19
Sports & Outdoors
- Goal Zero 42005 Sherpa 50 Silver/Black Solar Recharging Kit with Inverter for $249.99, a savings of $300
- Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine, for $899 a savings of $130
- Save $30 when you purchase the Fitbit One or Fitbit Flex with the Fitbit Aria Scale
- AFG Fitness 3.1AE Elliptical for $899, a savings of over $800
Books & Movies
- The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collector's Edition (Blu-ray) for $29.99, a savings of $79
- Despicable Me 2 (DVD) for $12, a savings of $18
- Fast & Furious 6 (DVD) for $12, a savings of $18
- 50% off select Jamie Oliver cookbooks
- 50% off One Direction: Where We Are: Our Band, Our Story: 100% Official and One Direction: The Official Annual 2014
For customers on the hunt for the best Boxing Day deals, Amazon.ca offers a variety of tools and options to make shopping convenient and easy, including:
- Skip the Crowds and Winter Weather -- Shop from Home with Free Shipping: Take advantage of FREE Super Saver Shipping on eligible orders and FREE Two-Day Shipping with Amazon Prime.
- Try Free Two-Day Shipping with Amazon Prime: It's the perfect time for Canadians to try Amazon Prime for one month free, with no obligation, by visiting www.amazon.ca/prime.
- Find Boxing Day Deals on the Go: With the Amazon App (www.amazon.ca/app), Canadians can browse the latest Boxing Day deals and shop for items on Amazon.ca -- no matter where their busy lives take them.
Amazon.ca (www.amazon.ca) is part of the global family of Amazon Web sites that have become known for great prices, selection, and convenience. Amazon.ca customers can find and discover millions of English and French books, Kindle books, CDs, sports and outdoors products, DVDs, electronics, watches, tools, baby, beauty, health and personal care items, home and garden, toys, grocery products, auto items, and pet products, as well as a vast array of software, video games, and consoles--all at everyday low prices. Amazon.ca offers FREE Two-Day Shipping with Amazon Prime, and FREE Super Saver Shipping on qualified orders of $25 CAD or more delivered to a single Canadian address. Amazon.ca sources products directly from Canadian publishers and distributors, ensuring a rich offering of Canadian titles and content. Features such as original editorial reviews and product recommendations help Amazon.ca customers find the right products for them among the site's broad selection. Kindle Paperwhite features new display technology with higher contrast, the next generation built-in light, a faster processor, the latest touch technology, and exclusive new features designed from the ground up for readers. Kindle, the lightest and smallest Kindle, features improved fonts and faster page turns. The new Kindle Fire HDX features a stunning exclusive 7" or 8.9" HDX display, a quad-core 2.2 GHz processor, 2x more memory, and 11 hours of battery life, as well as exclusive new features of Fire OS 3.0. The all-new Kindle Fire HD includes an HD display, high-performance processor and dual speakers at a breakthrough price.
Amazon and its affiliates operate websites, including www.amazon.com, www.amazon.co.uk, www.amazon.de, www.amazon.co.jp, www.amazon.fr, www.amazon.ca, www.amazon.cn, www.amazon.it, www.amazon.es, www.amazon.com.br, www.amazon.in, www.amazon.com.mx, and www.amazon.com.au. As used herein, "Amazon.com," "we," "our" and similar terms include Amazon.com, Inc., and its subsidiaries, unless the context indicates otherwise.
This announcement contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Actual results may differ significantly from management's expectations. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that include, among others, risks related to competition, management of growth, new products, services and technologies, potential fluctuations in operating results, international expansion, outcomes of legal proceedings and claims, fulfillment and data center optimization, seasonality, commercial agreements, acquisitions and strategic transactions, foreign exchange rates, system interruption, inventory, government regulation and taxation, payments and fraud. More information about factors that potentially could affect Amazon.com's financial results is included in Amazon.com's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and subsequent filings.
For further information:
For media inquiries, please contact:
NATIONAL Public Relations