CALGARY, Jan. 3, 2019 /CNW/ - AltaCorp Capital Inc. (AltaCorp), the capital markets arm of ATB Financial (ATB), is proud to host corporations and investors from across North America at a compelling three-day institutional conference, January 8-10, 2019 at the Shangri-La Hotel in Toronto.
With a focus on fueling capital market growth in three key sectors of Canada's economy—energy, life sciences and diversified industries—strategies, trends and opportunities in the global markets will be explored, giving attendees a jump start on what to expect from Canada's key industries in 2019.
"We're entering what could be a pivotal year for Canada with the energy egress crisis, upcoming Alberta and federal elections, global political strife and emerging new economic opportunities that are challenging the status quo," said Jon Horsman, Chairman & CEO, AltaCorp. "The need for capital, the profitability of corporations and the optimism around new ventures, makes for an exciting time in our history."
The conference, known for its internationally renowned speakers and slate of leading companies who will be in attendance, will feature a series of fireside chats, thematic panels, presentations, one-on-one meetings, and networking sessions.
Respected for the insight they each bring to their industries, this year's keynote speakers are:
- Dr. Benjamin Caplan, founder of CED Foundation and CED Clinic, and chief medical officer of Solo Sciences will present, The Dawn of a new Era in Cannabis: A focus on Medical and Recreational Cannabis, and Cannabinoid-derived Pharmaceuticals;
- Alex Epstein, philosopher, keynote speaker, and author of New York Times bestseller, The Moral Case for Fossil Fuels, will speak on The Energy Transition Fallacy and How Moral Biases Cause Bad Investments; and,
- Peter Zeihan, geopolitical strategist, will help industry leaders navigate today's complex mix of geopolitical risks and opportunities in The Future of Global Finance and Canada.
Among the 75+ leading companies scheduled to share their insights are:
- Air Canada (AC)
- Aurora Cannabis Inc. (ACB)
- Cardiol Therapeutics (CRDL)
- CES Energy Solutions (CEU)
- Fire & Flower (Private)
- Keyera (KEY)
- Parkland Fuel Corporation (PKI)
- Secure Energy Services Inc. (SES)
- Stuart Olson Inc. (SOX)
- Trican Well Service (TCW)
"We are pleased to support our clients and demonstrate our thought leadership by presenting a forum for conversations as we set the course to bring forth a successful financial future," said Tim Gillespie, executive vice president, ATB Corporate Financial Services.
About AltaCorp Capital Inc.
AltaCorp is an Alberta-based capital markets firm focused on the sectors that drive the Western Canadian economy—energy, life sciences and diversified industries. In less than a decade, AltaCorp has amassed over $75 billion of transaction experience. Working with ATB Financial, a full-service financial institution headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, AltaCorp offers clients fully integrated capital market solutions. AltaCorp is a member of IIROC and CIPF.
About ATB Corporate Financial Services
ATB Corporate Financial Services, a division of ATB Financial, serves the needs of commercial and corporate businesses with operations in the province of Alberta. Offering a wide range of capital solutions, cash management services and financial markets offerings, ATB Corporate Financial Services offers custom built solutions for clients operating in industries critical to the Alberta economy including the energy, real estate, food & forestry, and diversified sectors.
For more information, please contact:
AltaCorp Capital Inc.
SOURCE AltaCorp Capital Inc.