New Research by Robert Half Technology Identifies Best Practices for Staffing Successful Digital Initiatives
- A majority of technology leaders say it's difficult to find professionals with up-to-date digital skills
- Most technology professionals say their teams are at least somewhat understaffed
- Report highlights skills in demand, keys to collaboration and staffing best practices from companies with strong digital programs
MENLO PARK, Calif., Nov. 1, 2017 /CNW/ -- To help companies build the best teams to support digital initiatives, Robert Half Technology has published a new white paper, Staffing Digital Projects: Aligning the Right Resources for Success, available at https://www.roberthalf.com/research-and-insights/workplace-research/building-successful-tech-teams-for-online-projects?utm_campaign=RHT_Digital_Staffing.
The research is based on surveys developed by Robert Half Technology that include responses from nearly 500 technology professionals with hiring authority in North America and more than 2,500 CIOs in the United States. It also features insights from technology leaders who have helped their companies with digital transformation.
Among the key findings:
- Digital skills divide: More than three quarters of technology leaders (77 percent) said it is somewhat or very challenging for their company to find professionals with up-to-date digital skills today. The top digital skills most lacking on their teams include:
- Web and user experience design
- Data science and data analysis
- Content creation and content marketing
- Growth engineering, hacking
- Social media marketing and online community management
- Web development
- Stretched thin: Over half of technology professionals (53 percent) believe their department is somewhat or severely understaffed. The top areas they would add team members are:
- Programming and systems analysis
- Business analysis
- Project management
- Barriers to success: Sixty-five percent of technology leaders cited a dearth of digital-savvy leadership as the top barrier to success for their company's digital marketing strategy. Insufficient budget; a lack of collaboration among IT, creative and marketing teams; and a skills gap on creative and marketing teams followed.
"Technology teams help drive many of the digital initiatives that organizations are implementing, but the demand to keep up can outpace their ability to adequately staff projects," said John Reed, senior executive director of Robert Half Technology. "Our research shows companies look to improve cross-organizational collaboration, increase innovation and solve for business issues, all while trying to bring the best and brightest digital talent on board."
To download the full white paper, Staffing Digital Projects: Aligning the Right Resources for Success, and see additional findings, visit: www.roberthalf.com/research-and-insights/workplace-research/building-successful-tech-teams-for-online-projects.
About Robert Half Technology
Robert Half Technology is a leading provider of technology professionals, specializing in a full spectrum of technology services — from project, contract-to-hire and full-time IT staffing services to managed services and solution consulting. With more than 100 locations in North America, South America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region, the company provides highly skilled talent for IT initiatives ranging from web development and multiplatform systems integration to network security and technical support. For more information about Robert Half Technology, please visit roberthalf.com/technology. For career and management advice, read our award-winning blog at roberthalf.com/technology/blog.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/all-things-are-digital-in-business-but-finding-digital-talent-is-a-tall-order-300547056.html
SOURCE Robert Half Technology
For further information: Jenn Popovic, (650) 234-6033, email@example.com, https://www.roberthalf.com
With more than 120 locations worldwide, Robert Half Technology is a leading provider of technology professionals for initiatives ranging from web development and multiplatform systems integration to network security and technical support.