- From Calgary-based Gemini Award-nominated Pyramid Productions, CELEBRITY STYLE STORY explores the style evolution of today's hottest celebs -
- Panel of expert style gurus include Elle Creative Director Joe Zee; ELLE Canada Editor-in-Chief Noreen Flanagan; celebrity hair stylist Matt Collins; famed designers David Dixon, Lucian Matis, and Shawn Hewson; and many more -
To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/NscDAm
TORONTO, June 15, 2012 /CNW/ - Style mavens - take note! All-new original pop-culture series CELEBRITY STYLE STORY tells the chronological style stories of today's hottest stars, from their humble beginnings to their sparkling A-list red carpet looks. From Gemini Award-nominated Pyramid Productions, the docu-series airs Sundays at 10:30 p.m. ET beginning July 1 on E!, following brand-new episodes of KEEPING UP WITH THE KARDASHIANS at 9 p.m. ET and MRS. EASTWOOD AND COMPANY at 10 p.m. ET (visit eonline.ca for local listings). Kicking off with the style evolution of superstar Jennifer Lopez, CELEBRITY STYLE STORY features expert panellists such as ELLE Creative Director Joe Zee; designers David Dixon, Lucian Matis, Shawn Hewson; ELLE Canada Editor-in-Chief Noreen Flanagan; and hair stylist to the stars, Matt Collins, as they delve into the unforgettable hair, make-up and fashion choices of celebrities using archival celebrity interview clips, vibrant red carpet footage and photos.
** Media Note ** - Download photos at www.bellmediapr.ca/E!
CELEBRITY STYLE STORY Experts Include:
- Joe Zee, Creative Director, ELLE - Raised in Toronto, Joe Zee has served as Creative Director for ELLE since 2007 and has helped elevate the publication into the successful fashion magazine that it is today. He began his career at Allure and from there became the fashion director at W Magazine, as well as a contributing editor for Details and Vanity Fair. He has also been the creative eye behind advertising campaigns for brands including DKNY, Kenneth Cole, Banana Republic, H&M, Estee Lauder, and others.
- Lucian Matis, Fashion Designer - Romanian-born designer Lucian Matis gained a vast fan base across the country when he took second place on PROJECT RUNWAY CANADA. Since then, Lucian's collections have graced the pages of numerous national and international publications including Flare, Elle Canada, Globe and Mail, Toronto Star, and The National Post.
- David Dixon, Fashion Designer - David Dixon stands out as one of Canada's leaders in women's fashion design. He apprenticed with well-known Canadian designer Alfred Sung, and in 1995 established the David Dixon label.
- Shawn Hewson, Fashion Designer - Shawn Hewson and his wife Ruth Promislow were both Bay Street lawyers when they left their professional careers in 2004 to create Bustle Clothing. Now in its tenth season, Bustle has become a leading Canadian sportswear label known for its cheeky, sexy, and sharply tailored leisure aesthetic.
- Noreen Flanagan, Editor-in-Chief, ELLE Canada - As head of one of Canada's leading fashion magazines, Noreen Flanagan has an eye for style working on countless assignments for ELLE Canada, attending international fashion shows, beauty launches, and interviewing renowned designers and A-list celebrities.
- Matt Collins, Celebrity Hair Stylist - Matt Collins has been part of the artistic team for L'Oreal Professional since 2008 and was awarded L'Oreal Professional's "Canadian Runway Stylist of the Year" in 2006. Matthew has worked with many celebrities and musicians including the New Kids on the Block, Down with Webster, and 3oh3.
For more CELEBRITY STYLE STORY expert bios, please click HERE.
In the premiere episode (Sunday, July 1 at 10:30 p.m. ET on E!), the expert panellists focus on the fashion evolution of superstar and triple-threat, Jennifer Lopez. From getting her start as a "Fly Girl" on IN LIVING COLOR, to climbing to the top of the music and box office charts, to her role as judge on AMERICAN IDOL, Jennifer Lopez has done it all. She's not afraid to take risks, as witnessed by her jaw-dropping Versace dress on the 2000 Grammy Award red carpet. Throughout her TV, film and music career, one thing is certain - J. Lo never goes out of style.
Stars featured on CELEBRITY STYLE STORY include Angelina Jolie, Beyoncé, Kim Cattrall, Sarah Jessica Parker, Julia Roberts, Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Aniston, Madonna, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Sandra Bullock, Demi Moore, Ryan Gosling, Justin Beiber, and more.
CELEBRITY STYLE STORY sponsors include L'Oreal Paris and PGX.
CELEBRITY STYLE STORY is produced by Pyramid Productions in association with Bell Media. Producers are Tracy Martin and Sheila Rae. Kara Haflidson is Production Executive for Bell Media. Corrie Coe is Senior Vice-President, Independent Production, Bell Media.
E! Entertainment Television is Canada's ultimate destination for the latest news and information on celebrities, entertainment and pop culture. Available in more than 6 million Canadian homes, E! features a dynamic lineup of entertainment news programming, hit reality series, candid profiles of the world's biggest stars, and the best live red carpet coverage from Canada and around the world. E! is a division of Bell Media, which is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about E! can be found at eonline.ca
For further information: