Designed for optimal voice-quality, Jabra Halo Smart Wireless offers superior sound experience and up to 17 hours of battery life for on-the-go lifestyles
- Fits the 79 percent of users who want one set of headphones for both calls and music, but find the call experience on most music devices inadequate*
- Built for calls first-and-foremost, Jabra Halo Smart uses high-quality microphones with integrated wind noise protection for enhanced in-call quality, and subtle vibration alert to ensure calls are never missed
- Uncompromising sound quality thanks to 10mm speakers and Jabra's audio capabilities
- Neck-band wearing style for comfortable, all-day use and seamless switching between calls, music and media
- Extended battery life provides up to 17 hours talk time and up to 15 hours of music listening
- Dedicated Google Now™ / Siri™ button lets you use your voice for more
LOWELL, Mass., June 7, 2016 /CNW/ -- Designed for those who want a great calling experience, music on-the-go and the ability to switch easily between the two, the new Jabra Halo Smart wireless headphones have been developed with voice and call quality top of mind.
Jabra Halo Smart delivers a superior call experience thanks to high-quality microphones with integrated wind-noise protection, enhanced voice capabilities via a dedicated Google Now/Siri button and immersive, full-spectrum sound through its 10mm speakers. With the addition of up to 17 hours talk time or 15 hours of music listening with just one charge, Jabra Halo Smart is intended to be used all day, every day.
The intelligence of Jabra Halo Smart lies in its ability to let the user manage calls, music and media with just one device. According to recent Jabra insights*, 79 percent of users would like to have one set of headphones for both calls and music, but believe the call experience on most music devices is poor. Jabra Halo Smart allows you to accept a call by separating the two earbuds as they rest around your neck, and use one earbud for phone calls or both for listening to music. It also lets you access Siri or Google Now at the touch of a button and keeps you connected and informed in a number of ways. A subtle vibration in the neckband alerts you to incoming calls, while Android users can expect readouts of calendar notifications, emails, text messages and social media messages.
"We are all doing more with our smartphones than ever before, whether it's making and taking calls, listening to music on-the-move or watching a movie clip during a break. So we wanted to develop a set of wireless headphones that deliver amazing sound whatever you're doing, whether taking calls or listening to music," explains Calum MacDougall, SVP at Jabra.
When it comes to basics like battery life, Jabra Halo Smart removes the hassle of constantly charging your headphones. Unlike other solutions, it discretely incorporates a 230mAh battery into the back of the neckband using bendable "flex zones" to provide up to 17 hours talk time (or 15 hours of music listening) with just one charge. Moreover, by using the Jabra Assist app provided, you can track exact battery usage, receive alerts when the battery is getting low and get notifications about when you next need to recharge (based on historical usage).
Jabra Halo Smart is the latest addition to the Jabra Halo family of wireless headphones, designed for busy people who are looking for versatile headphones for multi-purpose use. The first headphones in the series are Jabra Halo Fusion.
Jabra will host a live Facebook stream at 10am ET, Thursday, June 9 on its Facebook Channel, www.facebook.com/Jabra. Viewers will witness a live product demonstration and will get to ask questions in real-time. There will also be a live giveaway at the end to all viewers.
Pricing and availability
- The Jabra Halo Smart Silver Edition is available exclusively at Best Buy stores and online at www.bestbuy.com in late June with an MSRP of $79.99
- Jabra Halo Smart is also available in black at Jabra.com in July
- The Jabra Halo Smart will be available in July at Best Buy stores and online at www.bestbuy.ca
- MSRP is $99.99
* Jabra commissioned survey by Lindberg Research with 1,000 participants (2015) as well as studies conducted by Jabra with registered users – 4,599 users in 2014 and 4,770 users in 2016.
Jabra is a leading international developer and manufacturer of a broad range of communications and sound solutions committed to let people hear more, do more and be more than they ever thought possible. The consumer and business divisions of Jabra markets corded and wireless headsets, plus mobile and in-office speakerphones that empower individuals and businesses through increased freedom of movement, comfort, and functionality. Jabra employs around 1000 people worldwide and in 2015 produced an annual revenue of DKK 3,229 million.
Jabra is the brand of GN Netcom, a subsidiary of GN. As part of the GN group Jabra has a reputation for innovation, reliability, and ease of use that goes back almost 150 years. GN comprises a unique portfolio of medical, professional & consumer sound solutions that makes life sound better through its research, insights, and expertise in sound. GN operates in more than 90 countries across the world, has more than 5,000 employees and is listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen.
© 2015 GN Netcom A/S. All rights reserved. Jabra® is a registered trademark of GN Netcom A/S. All other trademarks included herein are the property of their respective owners. (Design and specifications subject to change without notice).
For further information: Amy Rice, LEWIS Communications for Jabra, 781-761-4500, JabraUS@teamlewis.com, http://www.jabra.com