- Aeroplan now offers the most flexible flight reward policies of any Canadian loyalty program
- Improvements to Aeroplan are part of Air Canada's promise to build the most rewarding program in the country, launching in 2020
MONTREAL, July 17, 2019 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada has revealed changes to Aeroplan that mark the beginning of many improvements being planned as it moves toward launching its new loyalty program in summer 2020. Designed to make Aeroplan more flexible and member-friendly, the changes to its flight rewards include: full refunds within 24 hours of booking, the option to refund your flight reward up to two hours before departure, a reduction of the aeroplan.com refund fee and complimentary changes and refunds for Air Canada Altitude Super Elite 100K members.
"Choice and flexibility are at the core of our loyalty plans, so we're excited to introduce the first of many changes for Aeroplan Members as we work to create the best travel loyalty program," said Mark Nasr, Vice President, Loyalty and eCommerce, Air Canada. "As Aeroplan celebrates its 35th anniversary this month it provides a strong foundation for our new program. The changes we are announcing today will provide members with more flexibility and peace of mind while still delivering the same unbeatable value so they can reach their travel goals."
In order to provide greater ease and flexibility, Aeroplan Members' new options include:
- Complimentary, full refunds within 24 hours of booking: Aeroplan Members will be able to cancel and refund Flight Rewards for free within 24 hours of booking.
- Option to refund your Flight Reward up to two hours before departure: Previously, Aeroplan Flight Reward bookings could not be refunded within 21 days of departure. With these changes, Aeroplan Members will be able to cancel and refund their Flight Reward booking for a fee up until two hours prior to the departure time of the first flight in the reservation. This will apply to all bookings, including those made prior to the new policy coming into effect. Rather than keeping cancelled tickets open for future travel, Aeroplan Miles, taxes and fees will be refunded, and members may book new tickets anytime in the future, delivering greater convenience than before.
- Reduction of the aeroplan.com Refund Fee: Aeroplan will lower the Refund Fee from $150 to $125 for refunds completed via aeroplan.com. The new, lower fee will apply to all bookings, including those made prior to the new policy coming into effect. Aeroplan diamond status members will continue to enjoy lower fee amounts, and Air Canada Altitude Super Elite 100K members will not be charged the fee.
- New for Air Canada Altitude Super Elite 100K members, complimentary changes and refunds: Air Canada Altitude Super Elite 100K members will now receive complimentary changes to their Flight Reward bookings and refunds when they request a change or refund to their Flight Reward booking. These fee waivers will apply to all bookings, including those made prior to the new policy coming into effect.
For more information, click here.
About Air Canada
Air Canada is Canada's largest domestic and international airline serving nearly 220 airports on six continents. Canada's flag carrier is among the 20 largest airlines in the world and in 2018 served nearly 51 million customers. Air Canada provides scheduled passenger service directly to 62 airports in Canada, 54 in the United States and 100 in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Australia, the Caribbean, Mexico, Central America and South America. Air Canada is a founding member of Star Alliance, the world's most comprehensive air transportation network serving 1,317 airports in 193 countries. Air Canada is the only international network carrier in North America to receive a Four-Star ranking according to independent U.K. research firm Skytrax, which also named Air Canada the 2019 Best Airline in North America. For more information, please visit: aircanada.com/media, follow @AirCanada on Twitter and join Air Canada on Facebook.
SOURCE Air Canada
For further information: Isabelle Arthur (Montréal), [email protected], 514 422-5788; Peter Fitzpatrick (Toronto), [email protected], 416 263-5576; Angela Mah (Vancouver), [email protected], 604 270-5741; Internet: aircanada.com