MONTREAL, July 18, 2019 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada has been ranked among the 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ for the fourth year in a row for its commitment to employee engagement by Achievers, an employee social recognition company.
"We are thrilled with this recognition from Achievers as it affirms we remain on the right track fostering our employee culture to position Air Canada as a forward-thinking company. We believe culture is a competitive advantage, thus having an engaged workforce is an important business priority for us. We have continued to further evolve our culture to provide our 33,000 employees the opportunity to act as entrepreneurs and take responsibility as they deliver excellent service to customers. Our employees' engagement is a significant reason why Air Canada was recently rated the Best Airline Staff in Canada in addition to Best Airline in North America by the widely-respected Skytrax World Airline Awards," said Arielle Meloul-Wechsler, Senior Vice President, People, Culture and Communications at Air Canada.
The Achievers award is the most recent recognition Air Canada has received for human resources, corporate culture and employee engagement. Other awards this year include the following acknowledgements:
- Receiving the inaugural award for Diversity in Leadership at the 2019 Airline Strategy Awards presented in London, England. The prize recognizes an airline organization that promotes diversity among its senior leadership team;
- Named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in Canada (2019) for the sixth consecutive year by Mediacorp Canada Inc for Air Canada's unique employee support and engagement programs;
- Recognized as one of Montreal's Top Employers for 2019 for the sixth consecutive year by Mediacorp Canada Inc. as having exceptional human resources programs and forward-thinking workplace policies, as compared to others in their industry and region;
- Recognized as one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers for 2019 for the fourth consecutive year by Mediacorp Canada Inc. Air Canada was recognized for its partnerships to create inclusive workplaces for employees from five diverse groups: women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal peoples, and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBTQ2) people;
- Among the 20 most attractive company brands that Canadians want to work for and actively seek out when looking for work in Canada, according to the Randstad Employer Brand Research independent survey.
Additional information about Air Canada's People and Human Resources is in the "Employees" section of the 2018 Corporate Sustainability Report at: www.aircanada.com/citizensoftheworld.
About Air Canada
Air Canada is Canada's largest domestic and international airline serving nearly 220 airports on six continents. Canada's flag carrier is among the 20 largest airlines in the world and in 2018 served nearly 51 million customers. Air Canada provides scheduled passenger service directly to 62 airports in Canada, 54 in the United States and 100 in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Australia, the Caribbean, Mexico, Central America and South America. Air Canada is a founding member of Star Alliance, the world's most comprehensive air transportation network serving 1,317 airports in 193 countries. Air Canada is the only international network carrier in North America to receive a Four-Star ranking according to independent U.K. research firm Skytrax, which also named Air Canada the 2019 Best Airline in North America. For more information, please visit: aircanada.com/media, follow @AirCanada on Twitter and join Air Canada on Facebook.
SOURCE Air Canada
For further information: Isabelle Arthur (Montréal), [email protected], 514 422-5788; Peter Fitzpatrick (Toronto), [email protected], 416 263-5576; Angela Mah (Vancouver), [email protected], 604 270-5741; Internet: aircanada.com