Up to 600 hours of free, on-demand digital entertainment at each customer's fingertips
MONTREAL, May 1, 2012 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada today expanded the selection on its In-flight Entertainment System to offer customers twice as many movies to choose from than before. The enriched personalized seatback system will give each customer free access to a menu of up to 150 movies designed to suit every taste, ranging from the latest Hollywood blockbuster to classic art house and international films.
"Air Canada customers already love our award winning, seatback entertainment system because of the wide variety of movies, television and music it provides on-demand in a digital format. To further solidify our industry-leading position we have doubled our movie selection and increased our TV content to create one of the best on-board entertainment experiences available anywhere. Our on-board entertainment is available gate-to-gate and is free of charge to all customers," said Craig Landry, Vice President of Marketing at Air Canada.
Highlights of Air Canada's In-flight Entertainment expansion include:
- Doubling the number of available movie titles to 150 from 72 on international flights and to 63 titles from 31 on North American flights.
- Broadening the selection of movies in all categories, including contemporary theatre releases and classics in every genre, from avant garde and art house to international cinema, with movies available in more than 20 languages.
- A wide selection of Canadian films and shorts, including winners from the Air Canada enRoute Film Festival, giving Canadian artists broad exposure to Air Canada's 33 million customers each year.
- New features such as monthly themed Spotlight movies and TV series box sets in comedy and drama that will let customers discover new series or catch up on episodes of their favourite shows.
- Together with a selection of 100 albums and 12 channels of satellite radio music, Air Canada is now offering customers up to 600 hours of digital entertainment available on-demand at the touch of a finger.
Air Canada is Canada's largest domestic and international airline serving more than 180 destinations on five continents. Canada's flag carrier is the 15th largest commercial airline in the world and in 2011 served more than 33 million customers. Air Canada provides scheduled passenger service directly to 60 Canadian cities, 57 destinations in the United States and 63 cities in Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Australia, the Caribbean, Mexico and South America. Air Canada is a founding member of Star Alliance, the world's most comprehensive air transportation network serving 1,290 destinations in 189 countries. In 2011, Air Canada was ranked Best International Airline in North America in a worldwide survey of more than 18 million airline passengers conducted by independent research firm Skytrax.
For further information:
Isabelle Arthur (Montréal) 514 422-5788
Peter Fitzpatrick (Toronto) 416 263-5576
Angela Mah (Vancouver) 604 270-5741