Award winning CloudLink® Encryption Solution now supports Amazon® EC2 and VPC Public Cloud enabling enterprises to completely and independently encrypt their active data
OTTAWA, Nov. 27, 2012 /CNW/ - AFORE Solutions, Inc., a leading provider of cloud security and management solutions, today announced support of Amazon® AWS cloud environments in the latest version of CloudLink® Secure VSA (Virtual Storage Appliance). The validation of the AFORE encryption technology for Amazon® AWS is intended to enable enterprises to independently and securely encrypt data at rest and in motion and provide full control of the encryption keys in Amazon multi-tenant cloud environments without any special requirements or administration.
Key attributes of the CloudLink VSA 2.0 for Amazon are:
- CloudLink VSA enables enterprises to convert an Amazon® AWS storage volume to a secure storage volume by encrypting all the sensitive data with AES-256.
- CloudLink supports multiple cloud platforms including CA®, Citrix®, VMware® and Microsoft®
- CloudLink enables Encryption keys to be controlled and managed by the enterprise without ever having to expose them to a public or private cloud administrator
- CloudLink seamlessly integrates with existing Microsoft® Active Directory or RSA DPM® to manage the encryption keys of secured data inside of Amazon.
- CloudLink creates a secure VPN tunnel between the enterprise data center and Amazon® cloud to encrypt data-in-motion.
- CloudLink provides unique tools to monitor network latency, packet loss and throughput end-to-end between the data center and resource in Amazon cloud, enabling greater and necessary visibility into the cloud deployment.
- CloudLink bridges VMware® based private clouds with the Amazon cloud. Enterprises are able to use CloudLink Center, either as a VMware® vCenter® plug-in or via a standard web browser, to manage their data protection and monitor SLAs in the Amazon cloud.
- CloudLink is agentless and requires no infrastructures changes (virtual machines, workloads or hardware platform).
"Security compliance in multi-tenant cloud environments is often cited by enterprise and government agencies as the major concern preventing use of a public cloud. Encryption of sensitive data and maintaining control and management of the encryption keys are crucial requirements to meet security compliance regulations such as PCI, SOX and HIPPA. Given the position of Amazon in the public cloud market, we are confident that the CloudLink for Amazon solution will enable a higher degree of comfort, security compliance and wider adoption of Amazon's EC2 and VPC cloud offer," states James LaPalme, VP Sales & Marketing at AFORE Solutions.
AFORE Solutions is a leader in Cloud Security and Management. AFORE's CloudLink® software security appliance combines cloud infrastructure security and manageability with cloud performance monitoring. Enterprises and Cloud Service Providers use CloudLink® to protect mission critical data in motion and at rest while managing SLA's for security compliance and service performance.
EMC, RSA, Amazon, CA, VMware and Microsoft are either trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
SOURCE: AFORE Solutions Inc.
For further information:
+1 (613) 224-5995 x.238