QUÉBEC, Dec. 7 /CNW Telbec/ - Aeterna Zentaris Inc. (NASDAQ: AEZS,TSX: AEZ) (the "Company") will hold an R&D Review for investors and analysts on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. (EST) in the Park Avenue Room of the InterContinental New York Barclay Hotel in New York City.
Aeterna Zentaris' management will introduce the Company's robust pipeline, focused mainly on oncology, and will be available for further discussion. Detailed presentations of the Company's ongoing late-stage clinical programs will be made by the following distinguished key opinion leaders:
- Perifosine: Phase 3 program in metastatic colorectal cancer and multiple myeloma:
- Johanna Bendell, S.B., M.D., Director, GI Cancer Research - Associate Director, Drug Development Unit, Sarah Cannon Research Institute, Nashville, TN
- Paul G. Richardson, M.D., Clinical Director, Jerome Lipper Multiple Myeloma Center, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Associate Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- AEZS-108: Phase 2 program in advanced endometrial and advanced ovarian cancer:
- David S. Miller, M.D., F.A.C.O.G., F.A.C.S., Director of Gynecologic Oncology, Dallas Foundation chair in Gynecologic Oncology, Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX
- Solorel®: Phase 3 program as diagnostic test for Adult Growth Hormone Deficiency:
- Beverly M.K. Biller, M.D., F.A.C.P., Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Faculty member - Neuroendocrine Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
The meeting will also be available through a webcast on the Company's website in the "Newsroom" section under "Events and Webcasts" at: www.aezsinc.com
About Aeterna Zentaris Inc.
Aeterna Zentaris is a late-stage oncology drug development company currently investigating potential treatments for various cancers including colorectal, ovarian, endometrial cancer and multiple myeloma. The Company's innovative approach of "personalized medicine" means tailoring treatments to a patient's specific condition and to unmet medical needs. Aeterna Zentaris' deep pipeline is drawn from its proprietary discovery unit providing the Company with constant and long-term access to state-of-the-art therapeutic options. For more information please visit www.aezsinc.com.
For further information: For further information:
Investor Relations Coordinator
(418) 652-8525 ext. 265
Director of Communications
(418) 652-8525 ext. 406