MONTREAL, June 20, 2012 /CNW Telbec/ - With summer quickly approaching, now is the time to map out your vacation travels and plan the best ways to earn the most miles from your everyday purchases. Aeroplan, Canada's premier coalition loyalty program has put together a list of the top10 tips designed to give members more ways to earn thousands of miles faster this summer to get that dream reward:
- Show the Aeroplan Card when you travel - Make sure to give your Aeroplan number when you rent a car or book your stay with participating hotel partners including top brands such as: Avis, Best Western, Delta Hotels and Resorts, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, Hertz, Hilton, Starwood and more. Better yet, add your Aeroplan Number to your membership profile of their programs to make earning easy for every trip. Visit www.aeroplan.com/partners for more details.
- Register for travel bonuses at aeroplan.com - A great way to earn miles faster is to keep your eyes open for special partner promotions to earn thousands of extra bonus miles. For example, Air Canada, Marriott, Best Western and InterContinental, to name a few are all offering bonus mile promotions this season to members who register online before they travel. Plus, members can register to earn up to 2,250 additional Bonus Aeroplan Miles when they plan a trip with any combination of our travel partners including flights, hotels, vacation packages, cruises, parking or car rentals until August 31, 2012. Visit www.aeroplan.com/summer to get started.
- Use Destination Miles to book your vacation - Aeroplan recently introduced a new service exclusive to Aeroplan Members operated by its affiliate Destination Miles Booking Service Inc., that allows members to use cash to book hotel stays, car rentals and vacation packages online or through the Destination Miles Travel Desk. Members can earn miles for every purchase/booking through Destination Miles and until July 31, 2012, members can earn 3 miles for every $1 spent. Visit: www.aeroplan.com/destinationmiles to make your booking.
- Ensure you're earning with your everyday purchases - Make sure your carry your Aeroplan card to earn miles on your everyday purchases such as grocery, gasoline and drug stores.
- Members can earn 1 mile per $3 spent on gas, car washes and convenience store items at approximately 1,800 Esso-branded stations from coast to coast.
- Earn 1 mile for every $2 spent at Sobeys stores in Western Canada and Ontario when you auto-convert your Club Sobeys points to Aeroplan Miles. Members can also earn miles at more than 20 Thrifty Foods stores in British Columbia by joining Club Thrifty Foods and auto-converting their Club Thrifty Foods points into Aeroplan Miles.
- Members can earn 1 mile for every $1 spent on purchases at Rexall and Rexall Pharma Plus locations in Western Canada, Thunder Bay, Ontario and the Northwest Territories. Members can also earn 1 Aeroplan mile for every $1 spent at participating Uniprix locations across Quebec.
Aeroplan, Canada's premier coalition loyalty program, is owned by Aimia Inc., a global leader in loyalty management.
Aeroplan's millions of members earn Aeroplan Miles with its growing network of over 75 world-class partners, representing more than 150 brands in the financial, retail, and travel sectors.
In 2011, approximately 2.3 million rewards were issued to members including more than 1.5 million flights on Air Canada and Star Alliance carriers which offer travel to more than 1,000 destinations worldwide. In addition to flights, members also have access to over 1,000 exciting specialty, merchandise, hotel, car rental and experiential rewards.
For further information: