Goal setter designed for members to set travel goals and track progress
MONTREAL, July 18, 2012 /CNW Telbec/ - Aeroplan today introduced the latest version of its mobile app for iPhone and iPad (iOS) devices. The app is designed to enhance and extend the core functionality of its mobile web site (mobile.aeroplan.com) and is distributed via the Apple App Store. Soft launched in February, 2012, the app was rated in the top 10 for both iPad Travel and iPod Travel apps at the Apple app store and has already surpassed download targets of more than 150,000 to date.
"The goal of Aeroplan's mobile app is to increase member awareness and engagement with the program while extending the online Aeroplan experience," said David Klein, Vice President, Marketing & Innovation, Aeroplan. "The app helps reinforce our brand and provides key insight into member mobile usage which will guide our future mobile strategy and development."
The app now includes the following functionalities:
- Goal setting functionality with notification engine - The Goal setter feature is designed to help members set travel goals by defining their own destination, track their progress as they accumulate miles by participating in the program and receive timely and relevant tips along the way to help them reach their dream goal faster;
- Account management (Members can view their account history, transactions etc.);
- Partners and Promotions listings;
- Partner locator map that pinpoints partners based on members' exact location;
- A virtual Aeroplan Card;
- Contact section including Air Canada Top Tier priority contacts.
"The goal setter is a unique addition to the app," added Klein. "For example, a member can set a goal for a trip for two to Sydney, Australia, the member can use the app on a regular basis to review progress and discover helpful hints and promotional offers designed to help them reach the goal amount sooner."
Today, Aeroplan also launched the "Aeroplan Mobile App Travel Goal" contest in which members can win 1 out of 3 prizes of 200,000 miles simply for setting up a travel goal on Aeroplan's app until August 31, 2012. Visit aeroplan.com for more details.
To download Aeroplan's app, please visit: www.aeroplan.com/mobileapp.
Aeroplan, Canada's premier coalition loyalty program, is owned by Aimia Inc., a global leader in loyalty management.
Aeroplan's millions of members earn Aeroplan Miles with its growing network of over 75 world-class partners, representing more than 150 brands in the financial, retail, and travel sectors.
In 2011, approximately 2.3 million rewards were issued to members including more than 1.5 million flights on Air Canada and Star Alliance carriers which offer travel to more than 1,000 destinations worldwide. In addition to flights, members also have access to over 1,000 exciting specialty, merchandise, hotel, car rental and experiential rewards.
For further information: