TORONTO, June 24, 2013 /CNW/ - Aegon Fund Management Inc (AFM) has completed winding down its imaxx TOP Portfolios to streamline and strengthen its lineup of funds, as announced on March 21, 2013.
Therefore, the imaxx TOP Portfolios have been terminated, effective June 21, 2013. This process included the following actions:
- Investors were given the opportunity to redeem their units or switch out of the portfolio(s) to one of the six remaining funds on or prior to June 14, 2013.
- Non-registered account holdings were redeemed at fair market value as at June 21, 2013.
- Remaining unitholders who held the portfolio(s) in a registered account had their holdings switched, on a dollar-for-dollar basis, as follows:
|Terminating Portfolio||Fund switched to|
|imaxx TOP Conservative Portfolio||imaxx Money Market Fund - Class A|
|imaxx TOP Balanced Portfolio||imaxx Money Market Fund - Class A|
|imaxx TOP Growth Portfolio||imaxx Money Market Fund - Class A|
|imaxx TOP Aggressive Growth Portfolio||imaxx Money Market Fund - Class A|
- Any pre-existing Systematic Withdrawal Plan (SWP) on a terminated Portfolio has been re-established on the fund switched to, unless unitholders advised otherwise.
- AFM waived any deferred sales charge on redemptions.
About Aegon Fund Management
Established in 2002, Aegon Fund Management Inc. offers a core lineup of mutual funds, all with proven long-term track records. As at December 31, 2012, assets under management were CDN$377 million. Additional information about Aegon Fund Management can be found at www.imaxxwealth.com
Aegon Fund Management is an Aegon company. Aegon, based in The Netherlands, is an international life insurance, pension and asset management company.
SOURCE: AEGON Fund Management
For further information:
Media Inquiries Contact:
Director, Corporate Communications