OTTAWA, Jan. 16, 2017 /CNW/ -
Health Canada is advising Canadians that it has seized the unauthorized health product "Blow," by Limitless Pharma, from Atomik Nutrition at 450 Boulevard de Mortagne, Boucherville, QC.
"Blow" is promoted as a pre-workout supplement and is labelled to contain the unauthorized drug 1,3‑Dimethylamylamine (DMAA), which may pose serious health risks such as high blood pressure and stroke.
Who is affected
- Consumers who have bought or used this product.
- "Blow," by Limitless Pharma.
What consumers should do
- Stop using this product. Consult with your health care professional if you have used this product and have health concerns.
- Read product labels to verify that health products have been authorized for sale by Health Canada. Authorized health products have an eight-digit DIN, DIN-HM or NPN. You can also check if products have been authorized for sale by searching Health Canada's Drug Product Database and Licensed Natural Health Product Database.
- Report adverse events to health products to Health Canada by calling toll-free at 1‑866‑234‑2345, or by reporting online, by mail or by fax.
- Report complaints about health products to Health Canada by calling toll-free at 1‑800‑267‑9675, or complete an online complaint form.
1,3-Dimethylamylamine (DMAA) is a drug that is not authorized for use in Canada. Side effects include high blood pressure, shortness of breath, chest pain, stroke and psychiatric disorders.
What Health Canada is doing
Health Canada seized the product from the retail location after receiving a consumer complaint. Should additional retailers or distributors be identified, Health Canada will take appropriate action and inform Canadians.
For more information
Stay connected with Health Canada and receive the latest advisories and product recalls using social media tools.
To learn more about natural health products and other self-care products, visit Canada.ca/selfcare-products.
Également disponible en français
SOURCE Health Canada
For further information: Media Enquiries: Health Canada, (613) 957-2983; Public Enquiries: (613) 957-2991, 1-866 225-0709