OTTAWA, Sept. 26, 2016 /CNW/ -
Further to a recent advisory, Health Canada is informing Canadians that Healthy Body Services Inc. is expanding its voluntary recall of Allmax-brand "Rapidcuts Shredded" capsules (NPN 80041658). All lots are now being recalled as a precaution after certain lots were found to contain an undeclared prescription drug (yohimbine hydrochloride). Taking a prescription drug unknowingly and without the supervision of a healthcare professional can pose serious health risks. The product is promoted as a work-out stimulant and fat-burner, and is sold at various retail outlets across Canada.
Who is affected
- Consumers who have bought or used the product.
All lots of Allmax-brand Rapidcuts Shredded capsules (NPN 80041658) expiring on or before July 2019:
- Bottles of 90 capsules
- Bottles of 45 capsules
What consumers should do
- Stop using this product. Consult with your doctor if you have used this product and have health concerns.
- Return any unused product to the place of purchase. Contact Healthy Body Services Inc. at 416-223-4561 if you have questions about this recall.
- Report adverse events to health products to Health Canada by calling toll-free at 1-866-234-2345, or by reporting online, by mail or by fax.
- Report complaints about health products to Health Canada by calling toll-free at 1-800-267-9675, or complete an online complaint form.
Yohimbine is a prescription drug and should be used only under the supervision of a healthcare professional. The use of drugs containing yohimbine (either as yohimbine hydrochloride or yohimbe bark extract) may result in serious adverse reactions, particularly in people with high blood pressure, or heart, kidney or liver disease. Side effects associated with yohimbine include increased blood pressure and heart rate, anxiety, dizziness, tremors, headache, nausea and sleep disorders. It should not be used by children, or pregnant or nursing women.
What Health Canada is doing
Health Canada will monitor Healthy Body Services Inc.'s recall and will inform Canadians if new safety information arises.
Stay connected with Health Canada and receive the latest advisories and product recalls using social media tools.
Également disponible en français
SOURCE Health Canada
For further information: Media Enquiries: Health Canada, (613) 957-2983; Public Enquiries: (613) 957-2991, 1-866 225-0709