Advance Voting in Federal By-elections Begins Friday
Nov 29, 2017, 14:04 ET
GATINEAU, QC, Nov. 29, 2017 /CNW/ -
- Advance voting for the federal by-elections in Battlefords–Lloydminster (Saskatchewan), Bonavista–Burin–Trinity (Newfoundland and Labrador), Scarborough–Agincourt (Ontario) and South Surrey–White Rock (British Columbia) begins on Friday, December 1, and continues Saturday, December 2, Sunday, December 3 and Monday, December 4.
- Advance polls in these electoral districts are open from 12:00 noon to 8:00 p.m. (local time*).
- Electors can find the address of their advance voting location on the back of their voter information card. They can also visit elections.ca or call 1-800-463-6868.
- To vote, electors must show proof of identity and address. The list of accepted pieces of identification is online.
- The voter information card is not an authorized piece of ID, but we encourage electors to bring it with them for faster service at the polls.
*Central time in Battlefords–Lloydminster
Ready to vote
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Subscribe to our news service at elections.ca.
SOURCE Elections Canada
For further information: Elections Canada Media Relations, 1-877-877-9515, elections.ca
Share this article