Bold explorers are shadowed by the menacing villains they faced
OTTAWA, April 28, 2017 /CNW/ - Canada Post today issued a set of seven Star Trek stamps that celebrate each of Starfleet's finest leaders, dramatically depicting them with the most cunning of the adversaries they confronted on their voyages.
Five stamps are dedicated to the exploits of James T. Kirk (Montréal-born actor William Shatner), Jean-Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart), Benjamin Sisko (Avery Brooks), Kathryn Janeway (Kate Mulgrew) and Jonathan Archer (Scott Bakula).
Two additional stamps feature the intrepid shuttlecraft Galileo, which was often deployed for missions too dangerous for the U.S.S. Enterprise, and the ominous Borg cube, which has been specially enhanced with holographic foil and embossing.
A sequel to last year's 50th anniversary collection, these seven stamps feature:
- Admiral James T. Kirk with Khan Noonien Singh (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan™, 1982)
- Captain Jean-Luc Picard with Locutus of Borg (Star Trek: The Next Generation™, 1987-1994)
- Captain Benjamin Sisko with Dukat (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine™, 1993-1999)
- Captain Kathryn Janeway with the Borg Queen (Star Trek: Voyager™, 1995-2001)
- Captain Jonathan Archer with Commander Dolim (Star Trek: Enterprise™, 2001-2005)
- The classic shuttlecraft Galileo (first appearance in Star Trek, 1966)
- The Borg cube (first appearance in Star Trek: The Next Generation, 1989)
About the stamps
Designed by Signals Design Group and printed by the Lowe-Martin Group, the five stamps featuring Starfleet heroes measure 24 mm by 30 mm and are available in booklets of 10, as a pane of five stamps, and as an uncut press sheet. The shuttlecraft stamp, measuring 24 mm by 20 mm, is available as a coil of 50 stamps. All seven stamps, including the uniquely-shaped Borg cube, which measures 67 mm by 62 mm and is enhanced with holographic foil and embossing, are available ready-to-mail in a prestige booklet. The Official First Day Covers – all cancelled in Vulcan, Alberta, except Kirk's, which is cancelled in Montréal, Quebec – are available only as a set of seven.
TM & © 2017 CBS Studios inc. © 2017 Paramount Pictures Corp. STAR TREK and related marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SOURCE Canada Post
For further information: Media Relations, 613-734-8888, [email protected]