A WWF-Canada symbolic adoption lets gift buyers give back to the wildlife and wild places that children and animal lovers want to protect
TORONTO, Nov. 8, 2016 /CNW/ - When WWF-Canada asked a bunch of kids what they thought of wild animals, the same answer came back again and again: They love them — a lot. This year, WWF-Canada is asking Canadians to share in that love and give the Heart of the Wild with symbolic wildlife adoptions.
The adoptions are a great way to wow nature lovers and teach children about generosity and helping the planet. When people give the Heart of the Wild they are also supporting critical conservation work and sharing a gift that will be remembered long after the holidays are over.
More Canadian wild species are available for adoption than ever before, including caribou (reindeer), narwhal, grizzly bears and Arctic hares. Shoppers can also choose from popular international animals such as the African elephants, hippopotamuses, snow leopards, tigers, giant pandas and white-handed gibbons. Check out our complete adoptions collection at wwf.ca/shop.
By sharing their hearts this holiday season, Canadians can help wildlife, protect vital habitat and improve the health of our planet for future generations.
What's included in each $40 adoption kit
- High-quality stuffed animal plush toy.
- Personalized adoption certificate.
- Stunning poster about the species and the conservation work the purchase supports.
- Reusable WWF-Canada tote bag.
- $30 tax receipt to the purchaser.
About the adoption kits
- Plush toys are appropriate for ages three and up.
- No harmful dyes are used.
- All products conform to standard fire safety regulations.
- All plush toys conform to ÖKO-Tex's standard 100 for baby clothing.
- All are tested following EN 71 part 1, 2, 3.
- Plush contains no PVC or other materials with chlororganics.
- Doll materials (polyester and cotton) adhere to CPSIA / ASTM product safety standards.
- The bag is 100 per cent recyclable and made with up to 60 per cent recycled content.
- All packaging materials are printed on 100 per cent recycled paper.
How to order
Visit wwf.ca/shop or call 1-800-26-PANDA. All deliveries are guaranteed in time for the holidays if ordered by Dec. 15 (Dec. 13 for rural areas). Priority options are available, and shipping is free with the purchase of two or more adoptions kits (or orders of $80 or more) to the same Canadian address.
Other ways to share your heart
WWF-Canada also has a variety of environmentally friendly gift options including virtual gifts. With no packaging or mailing, these hassle-free gifts are perfect for the person who is hard to buy for:
- "Give a tiger a fighting chance" for $100 by supporting WWF-Canada's work to protect tigers from poaching.
- For $20, "Help a polar bear stay cool" by supporting efforts to fight the impact climate change is having on Canada's Arctic.
These gifts may be virtual, but their impact is very real for the ecosystems and species they help thrive.
Visit here for Heart of the Wild multimedia files for public distribution
- 30-second video spot
- High-resolution product photos
- Full catalogue
About World Wildlife Fund Canada
WWF-Canada creates solutions to the environmental challenges that matter most for Canadians. We work in places that are unique and ecologically important, so that nature, wildlife and people thrive together. Because we are all wildlife. For more information, visit wwf.ca
Image with caption: "Give the Heart of the Wild this holiday season by adopting an animal from WWF-Canada. (CNW Group/WWF-Canada)". Image available at: https://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20161108_C5960_PHOTO_EN_813826.jpg
For further information: Emily Vandermeer, communications specialist, email@example.com, +416-489-4567 ext. 7298