/NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO UNITED STATES NEWSWIRE SERVICES OR FOR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES/
PERTH, Western Australia, Dec. 2 /CNW/ - Plant site construction continues at an excellent pace with commissioning teams on site. Infrastructure works near completion and Salman Resettlement works continue with construction of public buildings well advanced. Initial discussions and planning held with EPA to discuss mining of Anwia / Teleku Bokazo pits.
Two grade control rigs are in operation. At Salman Central 01 pit, grade control drilling is nearing completion and drilling at Salman South 1A pit has commenced.
Exploration drilling of the sulphide ore zones along the Salman trend has continued during the month with one RC drill rig and a diamond drill rig in operation.
Activities in the month of November 2010 included :
- African Mining Services (AMS) mobilised to site and commenced mining of Nugget Hill 1A Pit.
- Water Storage Dam (WSD) central and eastern walls now complete. Southern wall is 2m short of completion. Current volume of water is around 275,000m3.
- Work on the Tailings Storage Facility (TSF) to Nugget Hill road is continuing using waste from the mining of Nugget Hill.
- All process staff recruited and arriving on site.
- Second 5kms of optical fibre composite overhead ground wire has been installed. This is aligned with the powerline and will provide up-to-the-minute site communications.
- ROM bin grizzly and hungry boards installed.
- Process water pumps and mill area lighting commissioned.
- Essiama substation feeder bay has power available. Overhead powerline nearing completion, ready for commissioning in early December.
- CCD2 Thickener drive, gearbox and bridge installed.
- Motor Control Centre has been energised.
- SAG mill lining complete and drive train aligned.
- Refinery contract signed with Rand Refinery.
In the period to 31 December 2010, Adamus will be targeting the following at its Nzema Gold Project:
- Complete Water Storage Dam and Tailings Storage Facility construction including tailings pipeline installation.
- Continue pre-production mining (200,000 tonnes of ore required on the ROM)
- Commissioning of 33Kv Powerline
- Process plant commissioning
- Access road commissioning
- Grade control drilling at the Salman South 01 pit.
- Diamond drilling of the sulphide ore zones at Salman.
- RC drilling of the oxide resource at the Aliva prospect.
Further photographs appear on the Company's website at http://www.adamusresources.com.au/nzema-gold-project/construction-progress.html
Adamus Resources Limited is an explorer and mine developer, listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), TSX Venture Exchange (TSX-V) and Frankfurt Stock Exchange Open Market (FSE).
The Company's primary focus is on exploring, realising and expanding the economic potential of the Southern Ashanti Gold Project in Ghana, West Africa. The Project encompasses approximately 665km² of tenure in the Ashanti Gold Belt - host to over 100moz of gold and the Project boasts excellent access to port and road infrastructure. Ghana is a stable West African country with a long history and some of the world's largest gold mining operations. Gold production is vital to the national economy. Members of the Adamus Board and management team have proven records in mineral exploration, project development and project financing.
ADAMUS RESOURCES LIMITED
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Caution Regarding Forward Looking Information.
Certain statements included in this announcement, including information regarding Adamus' plans with respect to its mineral properties, constitute forward-looking information. Forward-looking information includes, among other things, statements regarding expected operations. Forward-looking information is based upon a number of estimates and assumptions made by the Company in light of its experience, current conditions and expectations of future developments, as well as other factors that the Company believes are appropriate in the circumstances. While these estimates and assumptions are considered reasonable by the Company, they are inherently subject to business, economic, competitive, political and social uncertainties and contingencies. Many factors could cause the Company's actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in any forward-looking information provided by the Company, or on behalf of, the Company. Such factors include, among other things, risks relating to additional funding requirements, metal prices, exploration, development and operating risks, competition, production risks, regulatory restrictions, including environmental regulation and liability and potential title disputes. Investors are cautioned that forward-looking information is no guarantee of future performance and, accordingly, investors are cautioned not to put undue reliance on forward-looking information due to the inherent uncertainty therein. Forward-looking information is made as at the date of this announcement and the Company disclaims any intent or obligation to update publicly such forward-looking information, whether as a result of new information, future events or results or otherwise.
For further information: For further information:
For further information please see our website: www.adamusresources.com.au or contact:
|Mark Connelly - Managing Director / CEO
+61 8 9322 5943
email: [email protected]
For media enquiries contact:
Brian Thornton - Farrington National
+61 2 9332 4448
email: [email protected]