TORONTO, Aug. 24, 2017 /CNW/ - Active Ontario, the fourth and final long weekend event that celebrates Ontario150 this summer, kicks off next Friday, September 1 at Ontario Place. This free admission celebration encourages everyone in our province to get active and stay healthy with a variety of activities, programming and entertainment.
"This long weekend, I encourage everyone to visit Ontario Place for its last Ontario150 festival of the summer. The Active Ontario festival will be a wonderful opportunity for people to celebrate a great summer by getting out and learning more about active living, while also participating in fun activities for all ages," said Eleanor McMahon, Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport.
Come out and join us for a weekend of healthy living and active lifestyle initiatives! Highlights include:
- Music: Performances by Dr. Draw on Saturday, September 2 at 7:15 p.m. whose violinist stylings venture from rock and classical genres into the electronic music culture, and Michael Morales at 10:00 p.m. who will bring his alternative rap approach to the stage, bridging the gap between 90s hip hop storytelling and modern production.
- Rock climbing: A giant climbing wall will allow guests to put their rock climbing skills to the test.
- ParaSport Ontario Volleyball: A full-size volleyball court where guests can learn the basic skills of ParaSport Ontario volleyball followed by live officiated games.
- Zen Dogs Wellness: Bring your pup and indulge in a holistic and healing yoga class that uses instruction and simple movements for total relaxation.
- City Dance Breakdance: Get your groove on! City Dance will be providing interactive dance classes complete with choreography and dance moves inspired from today's most popular music videos.
- Drone Light Show: Canadiana-inspired choreographed drone performances by Ontario-based Arrowonics will light up Ontario Place on Saturday, September 2 at 11 p.m. (please be advised that this performance is weather dependent).
- Trillium Park and William G. Davis Trail: Located on the East Island of Ontario Place, the new green space is open for all to enjoy year round. Take advantage of this bike-friendly park as a relaxing stop-over from your long weekend activities. Walk, jog with your dog, or pack a picnic and enjoy the 7.5 acres of public green space on the Toronto waterfront (park hours 5:00 a.m. - 11:59 p.m. daily).
Taking place on the West Island, Ontario Place encourages visitors to get into the spirit of the Active Ontario festival and bike, walk, or jog to the event. Bicycle racks are available throughout Ontario Place.
Friday, September 1: 3 p.m. – 11 p.m.
Saturday, September 2: 10 a.m. – 11:30 p.m.
Sunday, September 3: 10 a.m. – 11: p.m.
Monday, September 4: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Ontario Place, West Island
955 Lake Shore Blvd. West
About Ontario Place
Ontario Place is an agency of the Government of Ontario that features 155-acres of waterfront property in Toronto. The iconic location is a venue for live music, festivals and events. From enjoying the skyline, to attending a festival or concert — Ontario Place is a gathering space for everyone in the province. In 2017, Ontario Place will host a series of events on the West Island as part of Ontario150, the province's celebration of Ontario and Canada's 150th anniversary of Confederation.
For more information about Ontario Place please visit www.ontarioplace.com
Follow Ontario Place on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and use the hashtags (#OntarioPlace, #Ontario150, #OPfestivals) to share your experience.
SOURCE Ontario Place
For further information: For interview requests or to confirm attendance, please contact: MAVERICK, 416-371-3155, email@example.com