VANCOUVER, Sept. 8, 2016 /CNW/ - Accenture (NYSE:ACN) today opened a new Vancouver office, featuring state-of-the-art, digitally enabled collaboration spaces to foster teamwork and inspire innovative thinking.
The eco-efficient office, located in the TELUS Garden, is designed to enable the company's consultants, digital strategists and technologists, along with its clients, to collaborate and ideate rapidly and efficiently.
"Accenture's new Vancouver space offers our people the environment and the tools to bring the best possible thinking to our clients in a digital-first world," said Petra Kuret, Accenture's Location Managing Director for B.C. "This new space demonstrates how we are pioneering new ways of solving business challenges for our clients in B.C. – and across Accenture teams around the world."
Accenture has been recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for the past five years, and the company's integration of digital collaboration tools into its offices around the world to connect its employees and clients has helped make it a global leader in effective workplace strategies. The new Vancouver location in the TELUS Garden building fosters growth and agility with its immersive and interactive environment that features:
- Enhanced collaborative abilities through the incorporation of Barco ClickShare in media lounges, allowing multiple presenters to share content on a presentation screen, from their laptop or handheld device.
- Conference rooms that convert into video collaboration hubs, connecting teams around the world at a moment's notice with Cisco MX800 TelePresence.
- State-of-the-art video conferencing via Skype for Business Video.
- Proactively managed workspaces that support Accenture's hoteling model, in which desks are reserved online, on an as-needed basis using Glance technology.
- Effortless content sharing, Skype conferencing, and the ability to quickly communicate outcomes and action points to an entire group via Microsoft Surface Hub units.
- Multi-use and multifunctional spaces that will have integrated virtual meeting technology to reduce the need to travel.
In keeping with Accenture's commitment to promoting environmental sustainability, the Accenture office in Vancouver is eco-efficient, using eco-friendly operational practices and materials, such as reclaimed wood furniture, low-emitting materials, low-flow plumbing features, LED lighting, Energy Star appliances, natural light, and green flooring materials.
Accenture's commitment to B.C.— since 1989 – is supported by its strong, diverse local leadership team who are actively involved in local organizations including YWCA, Junior Achievement, WE.org, United Way, and the Salvation Army Harbour Light. In B.C. and beyond, Accenture strives to make a measurable difference in the communities where its employees live and work —from closing employment gaps, to advancing client sustainability, to accelerating gender equality in the workforce.
Accenture (NYSE: ACN) is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world's largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With more than 375,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.