VANCOUVER, Nov. 12, 2014 /CNW/ - Absolute® Software Corporation (TSX: ABT), the industry standard for persistent endpoint security and management solutions for computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones, announced today the addition of Gerhard Watzinger, Art Mesher, and Josef Vejvoda to the management-proposed slate of nominee directors for the Company's forthcoming annual general meeting of shareholders to be held on December 8, 2014.
"Absolute Software is leading the development of a rapidly emerging IT category; one that represents the congruence of mobility, security, and cloud computing – challenges faced globally by organizations today," said Geoff Haydon, Chief Executive Officer at Absolute Software. "I am extremely pleased to welcome Gerhard, Art, and Josef, to the proposed slate of nominee directors. The depth of industry experience represented by these nominees will be invaluable to Absolute as we execute our plan to accelerate growth, and strengthen our position as an Information Security market leader."
Mr. Gerhard Watzinger
- Served as Chief Strategy Officer and Executive Vice President at McAfee, where he was responsible for guiding McAfee's global business strategy and development; including mergers and acquisitions.
- Was Chief Executive Officer of SafeBoot (acquired by McAfee in 2007); a leading enterprise security software vendor for data encryption, user authentication, and endpoint security.
- Grew SafeBoot from a small, owner-operated company to an internationally recognized IT security firm with Fortune 500 customers in more than 70 countries.
- Serves on a number of Boards, including Chairman of Crowdstrike, a global provider of security technology and services.
Mr. Art Mesher
- Served as Chairman and CEO of The Descartes Systems Group Inc.; leading the creation of the first on-demand logistics network that provides application and communication capabilities.
- Viewed as a pioneer in harnessing the integration of business communities.
- Considered one of the founders of SaaS networks and cloud computing.
- Launched the Integrated Logistics Strategies Services practice at Gartner Group Inc., a leading technology research and advisory firm, and built it into one of the premiere advisors to major global corporations.
Mr. Josef Vejvoda
- President of Jove Capital Inc., a boutique financial services and investment firm that provides strategic advisory services to a broad range of clients.
- Over twenty years of extensive capital markets experience.
- Served in senior management roles at a number of the country's largest financial institutions including Merrill Lynch Canada, the Bank of Montreal, National Bank Financial and TD Bank Financial Group.
"Each of the new Board nominees brings a strong foundation of financial acumen, public company operating experience and a track record in building successful enterprise software companies," stated Dan Ryan, Chairman at Absolute Software. "I look forward to working with them as we develop and execute strategies to support the Absolute business and increase shareholder value."
With these new additions, the proposed slate of nominee directors for election at the upcoming annual meeting of shareholders will consist of Mr. Daniel P. Ryan, Mr. Eric Rosenfeld, Mr. Gregory Monahan, Mr. J. Ian Giffen, Mr. Sal Visca, Mr. Gerhard Watzinger, Mr. Art Mesher, Mr. Josef Vejvoda, and Mr. Geoff Haydon.
Additional information on the proposed nominees will be contained in the Company's management information circular which will be mailed to shareholders and available on www.sedar.com.
About Absolute Software
Absolute Software Corporation (TSX: ABT) is the industry standard in persistent endpoint security and management for computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones. The Company, a leader in device security and management tracking for 20 years, has over 30,000 commercial customers worldwide. Absolute's solutions – Computrace®, Absolute Manage®, Absolute Service, and Absolute LoJack® – provide organizations with actionable intelligence to prove compliance, securely manage BYOD, and deliver comprehensive visibility and control over all of their devices and data. Absolute is positioned on three Gartner, Inc. Magic Quadrants - the Magic Quadrant for Client Management Tools (CMT), the Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) and the Magic Quadrant for Content-Aware Data Loss Prevention. Absolute is one of only four vendors to be recognized on both the CMT and EMM Magic Quadrants. Absolute persistence technology is embedded in the firmware of computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones by global leaders, including Acer, ASUS, Dell, Fujitsu, HP, Lenovo, Microsoft, Motion, Panasonic, Samsung, and Toshiba, and the Company has reselling partnerships with these OEMs and others, including Apple. For more information about Absolute Software, visit www.absolute.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. These forward-looking statements relate to, among other things, the expected performance, functionality and availability of our services and products, and other expectations, intentions and plans contained in this press release that are not historical fact. When used in this press release, the words "plan," "expect," "believe," and similar expressions generally identify forward-looking statements. These statements reflect our current expectations. They are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to, changes in technology and general market conditions. In light of the many risks and uncertainties you should understand that we cannot assure you that the forward-looking statements contained in this press release will be realized. Furthermore, the forward-looking statements contained in this press release are made as at the date hereof and the Company does not undertake any obligation to update publicly or to revise any of the included forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as may be required by applicable securities laws.
©2014 Absolute Software Corporation. All rights reserved. Computrace and Absolute are registered trademarks of Absolute Software Corporation. LoJack is a registered trademark of LoJack Corporation, used under license by Absolute Software Corporation. LoJack Corporation is not responsible for any content herein. U.S. patents No. 5,715,174, No. 5,764,892, No. 5,802,280, No. 5,896,497, No. 6,087,937, No. 6,244,758, No. 6,269,392, No. 6,300,863, No. 6,507,914, No. 6,958,688 No. 7,818,557, No. 7,818,803, No. 7,945,709, No. 8,062,380, No. 8,234,359, No. 8,241,369, No. 8,307,055, No. 8,332,953, No. 8,346,234, No. 8,362,901, No. 8,418,226, No. 8,419,806, No. 8,441,348, No. 8,510,825, No. 8,556,991, No. 8,566,961, No. 8,606,971, No. 8,625,799, No. 8,669,870, No. 8,701,013, No. 8,712,432, No. 8,717,172, No. 8,734,529, No. 8,745,383, No. 8,800,061, and No. 8,868,933. Canadian patents No. 2,211,735, No. 2,284,806, No. 2,205,370, No. 2,771,208 and No. 2,733,222. U.K. patents No. EP0793823, No. GB2298302, and No. GB2338101. German patent No. 69512534. Australian patent No. 699045, No. 2009279430, No. 2009279431, No. 2010315412, No. 2010324789, and No. 2010321633. Japanese patents No. 4067035, No. 5220924, No. 5475743, No. 5363305, and No. 5508502. Korean patents No. 10-1372986 and No. 10-1408746. Mexican patents No. 297,406 and No. 306,287. Russian patent No. 2,460,220 and 2,506,704. The Toronto Stock Exchange has neither approved nor disapproved of the information contained in this news release.
SOURCE: Absolute Software Corporation
For further information: Public Relations: Becky Obbema, Interprose, Becky.Obbema@interprosepr.com or 408.778.2024; or Toru Levinson, Absolute Software, email@example.com or 1.604.730.9851 x208; Investor Relations: Dave Mason, CFA, TMX|Equicom, firstname.lastname@example.org or 416.815.0700 x237