Tickets for The Rum Tasting Zone on sale now!
MONTREAL, June 19, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - A Taste of the Caribbean is returning for its 18th edition and will kick off the summer festival season in the Old Port of Montreal. Coinciding with the summer solstice and the St-Jean Baptiste holiday, what better way to welcome the summer and celebrate Quebec ... Caribbean style!
This free festival offers great food from our vendor restaurants, free activities such as cooking and mixology demonstrations, concerts and activities for the whole family!
This year, ALL ROADS LEAD TO RUM with "The Rum Edition" where festival goers can sample and learn about a variety of Caribbean rums that have been expertly curated by rum Ambassador and master mixologist Gabrielle Panaccio.
The Rum Edition features:
- The Rum Zone – A Passport to the Rum Zone allows you to sample various categories of rums and a variety of Caribbean tapas. 1pm-9pm daily |$30, $60, $100 passports available
- Rum Masterclasses – Hosted by Gabrielle Panaccio and Québec Rhum. Dive into the world of rum while you sip premium selections, learn about the story of rum as well as explore how the different layers of flavorings all contribute to the unique flavor profiles. June 22-25 @ 7pm |$60
- Cooking with Rum Demonstrations – Hosted by the award-winning Chef Alain Lemaire who was a runner-up on the Food Network's Cutthoat Kitchen (2015). Chef Lemaire will guide you step by step through the preparation of a rum infused meal that will surely live up to his motto of "fresh, bold and in your face" flavor! June 23-25 (schedule: www.totc.ca/programming/) |$30
TOTC @ A GLANCE
What: TOTC, a five-day Caribbean rum, food, music and art festival
Where: Clock Tower Quay, Old Port of Montreal
When: June 21-25 2017
Who: Schedule of concerts, participating vendors and family activities at: www.totc.ca
How: Free : 11am-11pm / Passports: $30, $60, $100 /Tickets available at www.totc.ca and Bar Le Lab Comptoir à Cocktails (279 Ste-Catherine St. E. / 1351 Rachel St .E.)
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/TOTCMTL
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ilovetotc #totc #totcmtl #ilovetotc
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/ilovetotc
- YouTube: TOTC Festival
Press kit including hi-res images: www.totc.ca/media2017. Password: TOTCmedia2017!
Photo credit: A Taste of the Caribbean.
SOURCE A Taste of the Caribbean
For further information: Laurraine Leblanc: Laurraine@totc.ca, 438-875-6543; Audra Yearwood: Audra@totc.ca