OTTAWA, Jan. 31, 2018 /CNW/ - For a decade, Hydro Ottawa has been recognized as a top National Capital Region employer. Thanks to its celebrated company culture and emphasis on employee engagement, the company has demonstrated year-over-year that community, development, and the value of a diverse workforce makes it a top attraction for top candidates.
For more information about Hydro Ottawa's selection, visit the National Capital Region's Top Employers website at www.canadastop100.com/ottawa.
Top Ten Reasons to Consider a Career at Hydro Ottawa
- It cares about the community. Employees are provided one-day of paid leave per year to volunteer with a charity or non-profit of their choice. It also gives back through various charitable events and campaigns; all involving the participation of employees.
- It's focused on an inclusive workplace. Our Diversity and Inclusion Plan helps us attract, retain and engage a workforce that is reflective of the communities we serve.
- The company wants you to grow professionally. Whether its trades, safety, business skills or leadership training, on average, Hydro Ottawa invests 40 hours of training per employee each year.
- It embraces different leadership styles. Thanks to Hydro Ottawa's dynamic Succession Planning and Management Program, emerging leaders work with leadership experts to identify strengths and development opportunities.
- It believes that youth are the future. Regularly recognized as one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People, twenty one per cent of its workforce is under the age of 30. In addition to other programs and opportunities, the company's President and CEO personally serves as Executive Sponsor of an employee-driven Youth Council; created to generate insight and increase networking opportunities for young professionals.
- It has an award-winning Powerline Technician Program. From the two-year diploma program, to in-house certification for apprentices both offered jointly with Algonquin College, Hydro Ottawa supports its employees in attaining their journeyperson status.
- It values its retirees and older workers. Hydro Ottawa's award-winning 'Prime Time' initiative engages older workers and retirees, and effectively transfers knowledge from one generation to the next. With a Retiree Association which currently boasts a membership of 153 former employees who are regularly engaged in company events and in some cases, return to fill part-time and temporary roles.
- It works to ensure a healthy work environment to help all employees perform at their best with on-site fitness facilities, an Employee Assistance Program and many employee mental health initiatives.
- It believes in normalizing the presence of women in the trades. With numerous initiatives focused on women in trades and technical careers, Hydro Ottawa is leading the way for women in the Canadian electricity industry.
- It offers competitive compensation and benefits packages, including matching contributions to employee pension plans.
"Hydro Ottawa's decade as a Top Employer is one of our company's highest achievements. Our diverse and innovative workforce has moved us in bold new directions. Our business lines are growing, and we are providing powerful solutions in fields like infrastructure management and renewable energy. After ten years of consecutive wins, the one constant has been our employees. They are our greatest asset."
- Bryce Conrad, President and Chief Executive Officer
About Hydro Ottawa
Hydro Ottawa's core businesses are delivering electricity, generating renewable power and providing energy conservation/management services. Hydro Ottawa is a community-owned, private company, delivering electricity to more than 328,000 customers in Ottawa and Casselman. It is the largest municipally-owned producer of green power in the province, with hydroelectric and landfill gas-to-energy generating facilities. Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc. (Hydro Ottawa) owns and operates two subsidiary companies, Hydro Ottawa Limited and Energy Ottawa Inc.
SOURCE Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc.
For further information: Media contact: Daniel Séguin, Manager, Media and Public Affairs, Hydro Ottawa, Tel: 613-738-5499 ext. 7684, email@example.com