LONDON, April 10, 2013 /CNW/ - EF Englishtown is proud to announce the launch of our new version, Efekta 13. We've always placed a premium on flexibility, and with our new cloud-based lesson plans and iPad and offline versions, you can literally learn English anytime, anywhere.
We hate to brag (no wait, that's not true - we love bragging), but EF Englishtown is now officially the world's most flexible language school.
Juggling everything in life is hard. Learning English while juggling is even harder.
Of the many challenges faced by our students, time is probably the most common. Finding opportunities to study while managing a career, a family, and even a commute can be incredibly difficult. To make matters worse, many of our students find it difficult to return to a student mind-set, or have never taken an online course in their lives. Efekta 13 is another step towards bringing the classroom to them and giving them the support to succeed.
Language lessons for short attention spans
Our courses are designed to slip effortlessly into a schedule filled with morning trains, deadlines, crying babies, rushed meals, and possibly some heartburn. The new tasks take only minutes, and our iPad app allows them to be completed on the go. Our teachers are experts in online learning, and are great at helping students feel comfortable going "back to school," so to speak. And finally, the students themselves form a valuable community, and many of them share your time pressures and concerns. You may be learning online, but you're definitely not on your own.
The sun never sets on Englishtown
At any hour of day you can find one of our teachers leading a group lesson or private lesson, somewhere around the world. In fact, we provide over one million hours of language teaching per month (the most in the industry), and 29,000 hours of group lessons and 600 hours of one-on-one instruction take place every week. But big numbers don't mean that our students get lost in the crowd. Rather, social interaction is encouraged within the community to add another layer of support beyond our teachers.
So…what's new in version 13?
- We've improved our UI. (In case you aren't big on acronyms, that means User Interface.)
- We provide real-time feedback in activities to help you remember the correct response.
- We shot and uploaded 300 new movies to keep our content nice and fresh.
- Our material is even more focused and relevant to your career and daily routine.
- We've added an extra conversation class - one every half hour - for added flexibility.
EF Englishtown is an online, cloud-based school that teaches English. Founded in 1996, it originates from a collaboration between Apple Computer and EF Education First to explore computer-aided language learning. The co-founders are CXO, Dr. Enio Ohmaye and Bill Fisher, President of EF Labs.
- The online school provides blended language teaching - self-study courseware, group and private lessons - for an unmatched 1,020,100 hours per month. Group lessons provide more than 4,000 hours of live language training each day.
- The school consists of 16 levels which are aligned to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and students receive a Diploma endorsed by Hult International Business School for each level passed.
- The school functions on demand, 24/7 and includes an iPad App for added flexibility.
- The latest version of the school, Efekta[TM] 13, will be released worldwide in April 2013.
EF Englishtown is a division of the EF Education First (EF) group established by Bertil Hult in 1965. EF is the world's leading private international education company specializing in language learning, academic degrees, educational travel, and cultural exchanges. It has 15 divisions that comprise 450 schools and offices in more than 50 countries, as well as a network of 35,000 staff.
SOURCE: EF Englishtown
For further information: