MONTREAL, May 20, 2014 /CNW Telbec/ - Poker Trail Management Inc. invites the media to familiarize themselves with the latest developments in the case opposing Loto-Québec and the Société du Jeu Virtuel du Québec Inc. (SJVQ), in file No. 500-17-066431-118 and No. 500-17-068876-112 of the Superior Court of Quebec, District of Montreal.
First, let us remind you that these are legal actions for more than 6 million dollars undertaken by Poker Trail Management Inc. in damages for breach of contract, misleading marketing and unfair competition against the Crown corporation (File 500-17-068876-112) and a defamation lawsuit undertaken by Loto-Québec and SJVQ against Poker Trail Management Inc. and its two shareholders, personally, Mr. André Boyer and Pierre Martel (File 500-17-066431-118).
After a wait of more than two years, a Quebec Superior Court judge, the Honourable André Wery, s.c.j., decided that the trial will start on January 5, 2016, in room 15.07 of the Montreal courthouse, and will last a maximum of 21 days.
Note that several witnesses will be called at the hearing, including:
- Marcel Croux, Ex-Premier vice-president of Loto-Québec
- François Poulin, Ex-General Manager for EspaceJeux of Loto-Québec
- Alain Brosseau, Ex-Business Manager, Online Gaming of Loto-Québec
- Laurence Grondin, Ex-Spokesperson for Espacejeux of Loto-Québec
- Renaud Poulin, President of the CPBBTQ - Corporation des Propriétaires de Bars, Brasseries et Tavernes du Québec
- Guy A. Lepage, Celebrity
- Patrick Huard, Celebrity
- Sophie Bourgeois, Celebrity, President of Les Productions MDM! Inc., Consultant for Loto-Québec
- Jean-Nicolas Verreault, Celebrity, Consultant for Loto-Québec and Spokesperson for the Grand Tournoi de poker Loto-Québec
- Philippe Jetté and Yves Bouchard, Owner of the web site and forum www.princepoker.com
- Sebastien Dessureault, Owner of the web site and forum www.pokercollectif.com
With nearly 40,000 members and 400 establishments in all regions of Quebec as well as in Ontario, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, Poker Trail Management was the leader in the field of poker events just before the facts that led to the dispute.
Counsel for Loto-Québec and the Société du Jeu Virtuel du Québec Inc. is the law firm Fasken Martineau. Poker Trail Management Inc. and its shareholders, Mr. André Boyer and Pierre Martel will be represented by the non-profit organisation Clinique Juridique Juripop - Me Alex Boudreault-Leclerc for Juripop Businesses and Artists.
To facilitate access to the media, the public and its members, Poker Trail Management uses the website services of www.justicepublique.com which created a Facebook page www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-Publique-Loto-Québec-Poker-Trail-Management/299749010181161 and a Twitter account www.twitter.com/JusticePublique for the online consultation of public documents related to this cause. It will be possible to track all events of a public nature with regards to this matter online.
SOURCE: Gestion Poker Tour
For further information:
Me Alex Boudreault-Leclerc - Tel: 450-845-1637, poste 250