MONTREAL, Aug. 31, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - La Grande roue de Montréal officially opens its 42 gondolas to the public in the Old Port of Montreal on Friday, September 1 at 4:00 p.m. sharp.
Although the restaurant facilities at the foot of the Grande roue require finishing touches before opening, we are keen to have Montrealers and visitors enjoy the giant wheel as soon as possible. We invite everyone to come experience the panoramic views, from a 60-metre height, atop Canada's largest observation wheel.
Opening hours for the first weeks of operation
La Grande roue will be operational throughout Labour Day weekend from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Starting on Tuesday, September 5, and for about two weeks after that, the wheel will be open from 2:00 to 11:00 p.m. so that workers can finish the restaurant facilities.
- Friday, September 1: 4 – 11 p.m.
- Saturday, September 2: 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Sunday, September 3: 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Monday, September 4: 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 5 through Friday, September 8: 2 to 11 p.m.
- Saturday, September 9: 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Sunday, September 10: 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Monday, September 11 through Friday, September 15: 2 to 11 p.m.
Buy tickets online or in person
People can buy tickets online at the Grand roue website (www.lagranderouedemontreal.com/fr/ticketing) or in person at the ticket office.
La Grande roue de Montréal highlights:
- UNIQUE PANORAMIC VIEWS of the city, the river, and Old Montreal
- THE LARGEST OBSERVATION WHEEL in Canada – 60 metres high, equivalent to a 20-storey tower
- OPEN YEAR-ROUND, rain or shine, from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. (with the exception of the special schedule over the next few weeks)
- A 360-DEGREE VIEW AND UP TO 28 KM RADIUS on clear days
- Two to three full rotations for a TOTAL RIDE TIME OF 15 TO 20 MINUTES
- 42 GONDOLAS, air-conditioned in summer and heated in winter, with access for persons with reduced mobility
- The highest-quality glass: blocks UV rays, never fogs up, guaranteeing PRISTINE VIEWS
- One luxury VIP CABIN with top-quality Italian leather seats and glass floor (for the intrepid!)
- Coming soon: grand opening of a BISTRO, a CAFÉ, a BAR and a 300-SEAT PATIO at the base of the Grand roue
- Open for CUSTOM EVENTS: cocktail parties, business meetings and… yes, why not! You can even get married at the top of the Grande roue!
- Designed ESPECIALLY FOR MONTREAL by the Dutch company Dutch Wheels BV, a world leader in its field
- A $27-million-dollar project, fully financed by PRIVATE INVESTMENT
"We are extremely proud to be offering this world-class attraction to Montrealers and visitors. La Grande roue de Montréal is an ambitious undertaking – the wheel, and the facilities at its base, would normally have taken one year to build; we accomplished it in seven months, in spite of a few imponderables to deal with. We know that people have been anxiously awaiting this experience and I can assure them they will not be disappointed," said Jeff Jorgensen, president, La Grande roue de Montréal.
SOURCE La Grande roue de Montréal
For further information: and interviews: Isabelle Verge, Tel.: 514-701-7223 - firstname.lastname@example.org