MONTRÉAL, Aug. 21, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - The winner of the $7,000,000 jackpot at the August 19 draw of Lotto 6/49 came to claim his cheque this morning. Montérégie resident Colombo Rouleau accepted to share this happy moment at a press briefing held at Loto-Québec headquarters.
- Lottery: Lotto 6/49
- Prize won: $7,000,000
- Category: Jackpot
- Draw date: August 19, 2017
- Winner's place of residence: Montérégie
- Retailer: Couche-Tard (10 Boulevard des Champs-Fleuris, La Prairie)
- The retailer will receive a 1% prize of $70,000.
- Claim centre: Loto-Québec headquarters in Montréal
- Mr. Rouleau usually buys group tickets.
- While he was at the convenience store, the cashier asked him if he wanted a Lotto 6/49 ticket. Mr. Rouleau replied that he wasn't lucky and that he never won. The cashier finally convinced him to buy a ticket.
- Sunday morning, Mr. Rouleau saw that the winning ticket was purchased in his region, so he went to validate his that afternoon.
- When he returned, he excitedly told his spouse the good news. She didn't believe him, and neither did anyone else he shared the news with. He told them, "I checked it ten times; I'm the lucky winner!"
- After a recent premonition, he chose to purchase a ticket on his own rather than with a group.
- When he discovered that he had won the $7 million jackpot, Mr. Rouleau didn't sleep all night.
- The winner added that the timing of this big win couldn't be better and that he plans on retiring immediately.
- Mr. Rouleau intends on purchasing a new car, house and personal watercraft with his hefty winnings.
- The big winner wants to let the dust settle a bit before making any big purchases, though.
- "For me, money does bring happiness. It will allow me to have a certain financial security, which in turn will mean I'll be less anxious about the future," said Mr. Rouleau in an emotional moment.
Lottery prize payments in gaming establishments
Lottery winners may claim their prizes at the Trois-Rivières and Québec City gaming halls, Loto-Québec's Montréal and Québec City offices, or at the Casino de Montréal, Casino du Lac-Leamy, Casino de Charlevoix or Casino de Mont-Tremblant. See details on Loto-Québec's website.
Loto-Québec's mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion, in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. From January 1 to August 17, 2017, Loto-Québec has awarded 77 prizes worth $1 million or more, for a total of 92 new millionaires. Lotteries Gagnant à vie! and Grande Vie enabled 11 and 10 lucky winners respectively to walk away with a lifetime annuity or a lump sum.
Lotteries site: loteries.lotoquebec.com
twitter.com/LotoQcLoteries Hashtag: #lotoquebec
For further information: Source: Patrice Lavoie, Corporate Director of Public Affairs, Press Relations and Social Media, Loto-Québec, 514-499-5130, [email protected], twitter.com/patricelavoie; Information : Élaine Arsenault, Communications Advisor, Loto-Québec, 514-499-7101, [email protected]