Robert Half Salary Guides Reveal Tech and Creative Jobs With Rising Starting Salaries
TORONTO, Jan. 12, 2015 /CNW/ - Salaries in the technology and creative fields are expected to continue their upward trend in 2015, according to the 2015 Salary Guides from Robert Half Technology and The Creative Group. Companies are making larger investments in digital initiatives, turning to big data for decision making, and using innovative interactive advertising campaigns to attract new customers. The result: high-paying career opportunities for professionals with expertise in these hot areas.
"Big data and mobile initiatives are key focus areas for companies in 2015 and, as such, talented technology and creative professionals are in high demand," said Deborah Bottineau, senior regional manager of Robert Half Technology and The Creative Group. "Skilled candidates are often receiving multiple offers, so firms should be prepared to negotiate competitive compensation and benefits packages that rival what competing firms are offering in order to secure skilled talent."
The following six potentially high-paying jobs are expected to see the most substantial increases in average starting salary in 2015, according to the Robert Half Salary Guides*:
- Mobile applications developer: The need for skilled professionals who can develop applications for tablets and smartphones will only intensify as companies keep pace with the growing mobile market. Similar to 2014, experienced mobile applications developers can expect to see the largest increase (9.5 per cent) in starting compensation of any tech position listed in the Salary Guide, earning between $93,000 and $132,000, on average.
- Big data engineer: As organizations of all types launch or advance big data initiatives, many will look to hire experienced engineers who can communicate with business users and data scientists, and translate business objectives into data processing workflows. Big data engineers can anticipate a 7.8 per cent boost in starting pay in 2015, with average salaries ranging from $109,000 to $139,250.
- Wireless network engineer: Professionals who can effectively research, design, implement and optimize wireless networks will be in high demand as more internal infrastructure projects are launched to support the rising use of mobile devices and wireless technologies. Wireless network engineers can expect a 7 per cent bump in base compensation this year, with average starting salaries between $94,500 and $127,250.
- User experience (UX) designer: A greater focus on developing compelling and satisfying online and mobile customer experiences is resulting in continued demand for experienced UX designers. These professionals can anticipate average starting salaries between $71,000 and $136,500, up 6.4 per cent from 2014.
- Web designer (5+ years of experience): Organizations need experienced web designers to ensure their Internet and intranet sites, and digital communications -- such as emails, online ads and social media sites -- accurately reflect the goals, objectives and identity of the business. Web designers with five or more years of experience can expect to earn between $85,500 and $125,500, on average, a gain of 5.1 percent over last year.
- Interactive art director: To execute successful interactive marketing and advertising campaigns, companies need creative leaders who are adept at managing cross-functional teams in the conception, design and production of visual materials for cross-channel initiatives. Skilled interactive art directors can expect average starting salaries to increase 4.3 per cent in 2015, to the range of $82,500 to $131,250.
More information about these and other potentially high-paying career opportunities can be found in the Robert Half Technology 2015 Salary Guide, which includes a wide range of IT job descriptions, and The Creative Group 2015 Salary Guide, which focuses on interactive, design and marketing jobs.
Both Robert Half Technology (rht.com) and The Creative Group (creativegroup.com) are divisions of Robert Half, the world's first and largest specialized staffing firm and a recognized leader in professional staffing services.
*Technology salaries listed are Canadian national averages based on data published in the 2015 Salary Guide from Robert Half Technology. Creative salaries listed are Toronto specific based on data published in the 2015 Salary Guide from The Creative Group. Actual salary ranges may vary depending on location.
SOURCE Robert Half Technology
Image with caption: "6 High-Paying Tech and Creative Careers for 2015 (CNW Group/Robert Half Technology)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20150112_C8537_PHOTO_EN_10123.jpg
For further information: Naz Araghian, 416.865.2140, [email protected]