MONTRÉAL, June 22, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - The retailer who sold the winning $55-million Lotto Max ticket at the June 2 draw received a 1% prize of $550,000. For the occasion, a festive gathering was organized Thursday afternoon to celebrate with the staff of the Provigo supermarket located on Rue Queen in Sherbrooke. This big win is just one of several impressive jackpots won in Québec since the beginning of the year. In fact, 67 prizes of $1,000,000 have already been awarded to Québec residents.
- Lottery: Lotto Max
- Prize won: $550,000 (1% of consumer prize)
- Draw date: June 2, 2017
- Retailer: Provigo (169 Rue Queen, Sherbrooke)
- "Sales of lottery tickets are up 50% since the big win," said Mr. Lafond, owner of the Provigo supermarket.
- Still in a state of shock: "People from around the region are happy for us and congratulate me on this big win. I couldn't ask for more."
- "I will definitely reinvest some of the $550,000 in improvements to the store," he went on to say.
- "I was happy when I learned that the ticket was sold here. We always hope to have winners, but a big amount like this is totally unexpected," concluded the teary-eyed lucky retailer.
Loto-Québec's mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion, in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. From January 1 to June 20, 2016, Loto-Québec has awarded 67 prizes worth $1 million or more, for a total of 83 new millionaires. Thanks to the lotteries Gagnant à vie! and Grande Vie, 17 lucky winners walked away with a lifetime annuity or a lump sum.
For further information: Source: Patrice Lavoie, Corporate Director, Public Affairs, Press Relations and Social Media, Loto-Québec, 514-499-5130, firstname.lastname@example.org, twitter.com/patricelavoie; Information: Danny Racine, Communications Officer, Loto-Québec, 514-499-7101, email@example.com