Accountemps Highlights Surprising Facts About Accounting Profession
TORONTO, Oct. 28, 2014 /CNW/ - It's a good time to be an accountant. International Accounting Day is November 10, and there are plenty of reasons for accountants to celebrate this year. The hiring outlook is bright, demand for accounting expertise, and services, is high, and salaries are rising. In fact, the average starting salary for accounting and finance positions is projected to climb 3.4 per cent in Canada, according to the recently released 2015 Salary Guide from Robert Half, parent company of Accountemps.
Looking for more reasons to smile? View the International Accounting Day infographic from Accountemps for interesting facts, including details about celebrities who studied accounting and a list of provinces where accountants can expect the highest salaries.
"It is a great time to be in accounting, whether you're a seasoned professional, or a recent graduate just entering the workforce," said Dianne Hunnam-Jones, Canadian district president of Accountemps. "Accountants are not only experiencing a strong demand for their specialized skills, which comes with higher compensation, but the accounting function is gaining more visibility at the decision-making table; it's no longer about simply tracking and reporting, but moving toward a more influential role when it comes to business strategy."
Accountemps reveals the five top reasons it's an exciting time to be an accountant today:
- You're in demand. Opportunities for accounting professionals are increasing as companies strive to support business growth, keep up with regulatory compliance mandates and fill job openings as more baby boomers retire.
- You're a hot commodity. Competition for talent is boosting compensation. In addition to higher salaries, employers are offering attractive incentives, such as extra vacation days and flexible schedules, to attract and retain top performers.
- You can find sizzling salary hot spots. Certain Canadian markets pay well above the national average. Accountants can earn the most in Calgary, Toronto and Vancouver, according to the Salary Guide.
- You've got something special. Specialized skills are in short supply. Talent shortages are emerging in areas such as accounting, audit, financial analysis, compliance and business systems. The result? Increased job opportunities and compensation for professionals with these backgrounds.
- You can bank on big data remaining a big deal. The world's dependence on data is creating an array of opportunities for accounting professionals who can mine and interpret the information.
Accountemps, a Robert Half company, is the world's first and largest specialized staffing service for temporary accounting, finance and bookkeeping professionals. The staffing firm has more than 340 offices worldwide. Follow Accountemps at twitter.com/RobertHalf_CAN or visit the Accountemps blog for workplace news.
For further information: Naz Araghian, 416.865.2140, email@example.com