TORONTO, March 5, 2015 /CNW/ - 407 ETR is pleased to announce that it is a Proud Supporter of the TORONTO 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games, taking place from July 10 to 26, 2015, and August 7 to 15, 2015, respectively.
407 ETR will support the Games by providing usage of the highway for official Games vehicles.
This partnership will enable Games-time fleet vehicles and buses carrying athletes, officials and Games Family members to arrive at their destinations on time using the best possible and most efficient travel routes. 407 ETR continues to have record traffic levels and is well known across the Greater Toronto Area and Hamilton Area (GTHA) as being a fast, safe and reliable highway, proven to save drivers both time and money while making their commute and travel times more predictable and less stressful.
"407 ETR is proud to play a role in this prestigious event and to lend its support to the TORONTO 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games," said Jose Tamariz, president and CEO of 407 ETR Concession Company Limited. Mr. Tamariz added, "407 ETR continues to relieve traffic on other GTHA roads and highways, and the announcement we have made today will help ensure we continue to do this during the Games."
"Planning, organizing and staging the Games is a true team effort and we're grateful that 407 ETR has joined our partner family as a Proud Supporter. Our partners are generously providing their products, services, expertise and enthusiasm to make these the best Pan Am/Parapan Am Games ever," said Saäd Rafi, chief executive officer of the TORONTO 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games Organizing Committee (TO2015). "It's truly inspiring to see so many people getting behind the Games and helping our region get ready to welcome the Americas for a summer to remember."
A December 2013 study by the Conference Board of Canada confirmed that 407 ETR saves customers significant time. The report noted that driving 407 ETR provides other potential benefits for drivers such as reduced maintenance costs and potentially lower fuel consumption. The study also noted the quality of life benefits drivers may achieve through predictable, consistent, and reduced commuting times.
Since the highway became privatized in 1999, in addition to the more than $3.1 billion paid to lease the highway, 407 ETR has invested an additional $1.4 billion to both extend and expand the highway – adding over 220 lane kilometres since 2004.
407 International Inc. is owned by Cintra Infaestructuras Internacional S.L., a wholly owned subsidiary of Ferrovial S. A. (43.23%), by indirectly owned subsidiaries of Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (total 40%), and by SNC-Lavalin (16.77%).
- Average daily workday trips have increased from about 237,000 in 1999, to over 390,000 in 2014.
- Total annual trips have increased from 71.9 million in 1999, to over 118 million in 2014.
- The number of transponders in circulation has increased from 346,371 with a user rate of 67% in 1999, to over 1,200,000 and a user rate of over 84% in 2015.
- Average length of a trip on the highway has increased from 17.75 km in 1999, to 20.62 km in 2014.
- Total vehicle kilometres travelled per year has increased from 1.275 billion in 1999, to 2.43 billion in 2014.
- The number and length of trips taken on 407 ETR and increased usage of transponders has happened alongside growth in development, extension of the highway in both the east and west, and the widening of 407 ETR by adding new lanes (over 220 lane kilometres since 2004).
- Extensions and expansions have been possible through 407 ETR investments of over $1.4 billion to keep traffic free flowing.
- Investments in safety initiatives, both on and off the road, have continued to provide customers a fast, safe and reliable trip. Safety events and sponsorships continue to demonstrate 407 ETR's commitment to its customers.
- 24/7 monitoring of the highway and conditions from 407 ETR's control room keep the highway safe and free-flowing – safety patrollers can assist drivers and call for emergency responders when needed.
- 407 ETR is barrier free – with no congestion causing toll plazas.
- Over $110 million has been invested to ensure excellent customer service. The average wait time when calling the 407 ETR Call Centre has been under 30 seconds for 10 years.
- 407 ETR is the winner of multiple Service Quality Measurement Group awards for Call Centre Excellence and Leadership, including World Class Call Centre Certification, the 2014 Gold Award for Quality Assurance in First Call Resolution Best Practices. The 407 ETR Call Centre regularly has a large group of certified World Class Customer Service Representatives.
- Customers have many account options such as paperless billing and pre-authorized payment.
- 407 ETR continues to appreciate customer loyalty and has offered $100 million to customers as part of its "ETR Rewards" customer loyalty program.
- In addition to several national and international awards, 407 ETR was awarded the Intelligent Transportation Systems Society of Canada first-ever New Canadian Commercial Technology/Innovation or Research and Development Award for its vehicle fingerprinting system.
- The Canadian Council of Motor Transport Administrators recently recognized the Highway 407 Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Detachment with a Police Partnership Award for the achievements of the Highway Safety and Toll Compliance Committee. 407 ETR, the Ontario Ministry of Transportation, and other Regional and Municipal partners work together with the OPP on the Committee to support many aspects of road safety and related research.
SOURCE 407 ETR Concession Company Limited
For further information: Media: Kevin Sack, Vice President, Marketing, Communications and Government Relations, Tel: 905-264-5374, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Sponsorships: Steve Spencer, Director, Marketing, Communications and Government Relations, Tel: 905-264-5232, Email: email@example.com