LONDON, ON, Oct. 10, 2012 /CNW/ - Today, 3M Canada (3M) has been recognized with the prestigious award of Canada's Top 100 Employers by Mediacorp Canada Inc. This national honour identifies employers that lead their industries in offering exceptional workplaces for their employees.
The award was given to 3M in recognition of the company's efforts to engage employees - affectionately known as 3Mers - in a productive and supportive company culture, to inspire their ongoing learning and continued development, and to support the communities in which the company operates across Canada.
"Here at 3M Canada, we're absolutely thrilled to be recognized as a Top 100 Employer for 2013," says Paul Madden, President and General Manager, 3M Canada. "We place great importance on serving our customers with innovative solutions, and we place equal importance on providing a world class employment experience for our employees. The result, which we've found to be a winning combination, is engaged employees and satisfied customers."
"This award reinforces that we are on the right track with our efforts to foster a corporate culture to be proud of," says Janette Batten, Director, Human Resources, 3M Canada.
Some of the initiatives that helped 3M Canada earn its place on Canada's Top 100 Employers list include:
- Healthy Communities: Corporate social responsibility is embedded into 3M's culture and is driven by supporting social innovators and non-profit organizations that make great strides in Canadians' health, the environment, and education. In addition to supporting health, the environment, and education, 3M supports volunteers, and encourages 3Mers to get active in their communities. For more information about 3M's commitment to Canadian communities, visit www.3M.ca/HealthyCommunities.
- Family Friendly: 3M supports a family friendly corporate culture through flexible working hours, hiring 3Mers' post secondary school-aged children as summer students, offering scholarships for 3Mers' children, and a 3M stock draw for the 3M babies born in each year.
- Committed to Ethical Business Conduct: 3M's values are the basis of employees' business conduct, including acting with uncompromised honesty and integrity. For more information about 3M's commitment to legal and ethical business conduct, visit www.3M.com/BusinessConduct.
- Dedicated to Sustainability: Sustainability is fundamental to 3M's business philosophy - from product development and manufacturing to how customers use the company's products. For more information about 3M's commitment to sustainability, visit www.3M.com/Sustainability.
- Employee Committees and Teams: Company subsidized social committees like the 3M Club and the 3M Multicultural Club have operated for more than 40 years, engaging 3Mers in activities like The Amazing Race, an annual team-based obstacle course held at the company's own Anniversary Park, drawing participation from new 3Mers and executives, alike. What's more, 3Mers enjoy intramural sports teams like volleyball, baseball, hockey, and soccer all year round.
In addition to the above, 3M offers employees competitive health benefits, pension plan, and registered savings plans. Also, employees are supported in furthering their career growth and development through annual reviews, training and development plans and opportunities for all employees, leadership development for high potential employees and emerging leaders, and more. The cross-functional environment 3M offers provides employees with diverse and varied career paths, in the areas of research and development, manufacturing, supply chain, marketing, sales, and more.
The application process includes a detailed review of operations and human resources practices. Candidates are graded in eight key areas: (1) physical workplace; (2) work and social atmosphere; (3) health, financial and family benefits; (4) vacation and time off; (5) employee communications; (6) performance management; (7) training and skills development; and (8) community involvement.
For more information about 3M Canada, visit www.3M.ca and be sure to watch the YouTube video on the company's vision: 3M technology advancing every company, 3M products enhancing every home, 3M innovation improving every life.
About 3M Canada
Established in 1951, 3M Canada Company was one of the first international subsidiaries opened by 3M and remains one of the largest. 3M Canada's head office and original manufacturing site is in London, Ontario where approximately half of the company's 1,800 employees work. Other locations include Toronto, Brockville, and Perth, Ontario; Morden, Manitoba; Montreal, Quebec; and Calgary, Alberta. Globally, 3M has operations in more than 65 countries and captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better.
SOURCE: 3M Canada Inc.
For further information:
Carla McFarlane, 3M Canada
Phone: 800-265-1840 ext. 2564
Email: [email protected]