John Frieda® provides salon-quality products to give women the results they need every day
TORONTO, May 6, 2013 /CNW/ - Women work hard to have it all and that includes achieving the perfect look every day. With ever-changing trends in fashion, hair and make-up, John Frieda® commissioned the Report on Canadian Hair survey to gain insight into the beauty routines of Canadian women ages 18-64. From how much time they spend getting ready each day, to what makes them feel most confident, this report uncovers what matters most to women when it comes to beauty and creating their best look.
When it comes to daily routines for fashion and beauty, almost one third (28%) of women ages 18-34 spend time choosing their clothes, 22 per cent spend time on doing their make-up and 19 per cent doing their hair on an average day. When a special occasion is on the calendar, over 60 per cent (61%) of women said they spend significant time on their hair with 49 per cent spending over 30 minutes. When asked what top three events hair matters the most for, 72 per cent of women said a wedding, 68 per cent said a job interview and 37 per cent said a first date.
"We wanted to connect with Canadian women to understand priorities in their beauty routines," said Alain Larivee, Canadian Creative Consultant, John Frieda® Hair Care. "Understanding that salon services can be expensive, we provide women with salon-quality products at home so they don't have to compromise on the quality of the products they use."
Confidence is key to looking and feeling your best. Of women who currently colour their hair or have coloured it in the past, 87 per cent said that great hair colour makes them feel more confident and 77 per cent said it makes them feel more noticeable. While 78 per cent of women who colour their hair reported that doing so at the salon is too expensive, 55 per cent said they could not live without hair colour. Understanding the importance of hair colour for women, John Frieda's Precision Foam Colour® provides precise, professional coverage for flawless salon-quality results right from home.
"Every woman's hair is unique and John Frieda® Hair Care is focused on creating products that deliver customized care for your hair," said Alain. "We understand that great hair makes women feel more confident and whether it's maintaining rich colour with our Colour Protection line, treating frizzy hair with Frizz-Ease® or giving fine hair a boost of volume with the Luxurious Volume collection, we are committed to providing results-driven products that solve women's hair issues."
Highlights from the study
- Over half of Canadian women (58%) colour their hair and 16 per cent have done so in the past but aren't maintaining it
- More women in Quebec colour their hair than any other province (66%) and British Columbia reported the least number of women who colour their hair (49%)
- Of women who currently colour their hair, 51 per cent colour their hair regularly at home
- Almost half of Canadian women (45%) reported having straight hair, 39 per cent said wavy and 15 per cent said curly
- Over one quarter (30%) of women with curly hair said the biggest challenge they have with their hair is it gets frizzy
- If women were able to choose their hair type, 30 per cent said they would prefer straight hair
- When asked what they think is important to maintaining healthy hair, 85 per cent said using good quality hair care products and 62 per cent said using good quality styling and finishing products
John Frieda® Report on Canadian Hair
John Frieda® Hair Care recognizes what women prioritize with regards to their beauty routines and have developed products to meet the individual needs of consumers. Three new product developments to help women get salon-quality results at home include:
- The new enhanced Precision Foam Colour product line offers a thicker foam with deeper colour saturation to lock in rich colour longer. 24 flattering shades provide women with flawless, natural-looking results they can achieve easily in their own home.
- The Colour Protection product line is specifically tailored to the shade of a woman's hair providing solutions which help stop pigment loss, maintain tonality within the hair colour and maintaining the just coloured texture of freshly coloured hair with Brilliant Brunette®, Radiant Red® and Sheer Blonde® product offerings
- The re-launch of the Luxurious Volume product line to specifically target women with fine hair including the newly reformulated Touchably Full Shampoo and Conditioner, Root Booster Blow Dry Lotion and the newest addition to the line, the Fine to Full Blow-Out Spray.
For more on John Frieda visit www.johnfrieda.ca
From February 26 to February 28, 2013, an online survey was conducted among a sample of 1,006 Canadian women 18-64 years old who are also Angus Reid Forum panel members. The margin of error — which measures sampling variability — is +/-3.1%, 19 times out of 20. The sample was balanced by age and region according to the most recent census data. Discrepancies in or between totals are due to rounding.
SOURCE: John Frieda
For further information:
Media Inquiries, interviews, product requests and images contact:
Nicole Brightling | Citizen Optimum | Nicole.email@example.com | 416.934.8099