- Encore broadcasts continue as multi-platform campaign wraps-up -
- Millions tune-in for additional coverage across CTV's family of
channels and programs -
- Exponential increase in online viewers, Live and On-Demand -
- The CTV Effect: The Bishop's Man enjoys 340% spike in sales
following broadcasts -
TORONTO, Nov. 19 /CNW/ - A record total of 2.63 million Canadians have tuned in so far to some part of CTV Inc.'s multiple presentations of THE SCOTIABANK GILLER PRIZE, a 58% increase over last year and the biggest reach ever for the broadcast.* With three telecasts yet to air, the star-studded gala has more than doubled its total television audience (648,000 vs. 304,000 in 2008(xx)) and has seen a remarkable 2500% increase in online video streams for the annual celebration of Canadian literature. The CTV Effect has helped boost sales for the winning title - The Bishop's Man by Linden MacIntyre - by nearly 340% in just five days following the win(xxx)
To view the complete release, click here: http://www.ctvmedia.ca/ctv/releases/release.asp?id=11826&yyyy=2009
Source: BBM Canada, preliminary data.
Audiences prior to August 31, 2009 based on BBM Nielsen Media Research
Mark II meters
* Combined Reach from all 2009 telecasts (Nov. 10-Nov. 15) vs. all 2008
(xx) Cumulative Audience from all telecasts to date.
(xxx) Booknet Canada
For further information: For further information: Renée Horton, CTV Inc., (416) 384-5374 or email@example.com; Renée Dupuis Macht, CTV Inc., (416) 384-3154 or firstname.lastname@example.org