MONTRÉAL, Jan. 25, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - Gatineau scored a double play at the January 21 Lotto 6/49 draw: four Lachance siblings won the $25,000,000 jackpot, while Stéphanie Boucher Lacroix and Louis Laroche took home the guaranteed $1,000,000 prize.
Summary for the Lachance family
Summary for the Boucher Lacroix and Laroche couple
A name destined for good luck
- Marc Lachance has a name that is predestined for good luck as, thanks to his Lotto 6/49 ticket, he is sharing the $25 million jackpot with his brother Alain Lachance and sisters, Geneviève and Christine Lachance.
- Marc went to his retailer to check the results of the draw, but it was only later in the day that he realized he had the winning jackpot combination.
- His sister Christine was visiting their mother in Gatineau and jokingly said: "Hey! You need to check your ticket. If we win, I need to find someone to replace me at work!"
- When Marc said their ticket was a winner, Christine didn't believe him. "There was a lot of emotion in his voice. In the end, it wasn't a joke!"
- Marc was dumbstruck when he saw the results were practically identical to the numbers on his ticket.
- Astonishment was replaced with euphoria when he contacted his brother and two sisters.
- They are all millionaires now and will surely make many of their dreams come true.
A story that started off badly but ended well
- A day of bad luck: Louis Laroche returned from work with a dislocated shoulder.
- When his wife went to the convenience store that evening, the clerk asked her if she would like a Lotto 6/49 ticket. "I told him that we would sure like to win the lottery right now!"
- That evening before going to bed, the couple's morale was quite low with Mr. Laroche being on sick leave for a good while.
- The day after the draw, Ms. Boucher Lacroix gave the ticket to her spouse, saying: "With this kind of bad luck, it's time for us to win!"
- Mr. Laroche checked the ticket using the Lotteries mobile app.
- Ms. Boucher Lacroix then heard her spouse fall to his knees, crying. He kept repeating: "The million, the million!"
- Not taking time to change out of their pyjamas, they went to the convenience store to confirm the win. No doubt about it, they were now millionaires!
- Even several days after the amazing discovery, the happy winner still does not believe his luck!
Quebecers riding a wave of luck
- Quebecers have been particularly lucky at Lotto 6/49 of late. In addition to the 25-million-dollar jackpot of January 21, three other jackpots were won in the province: a $5-million win in Montérégie, $4.9 million in Montréal, and another $12.4 million in the Outaouais.
- Launched in October, the new Grande Vie lottery gave up its first grand prize to a Quebecer. On December 26, a Montrealer won the impressive $1,000 per day for life annuity. She chose the associated $7,000,000 lump sum.
- A group of 28 winners held the 20 shares of a $60 million jackpot won in the January 6 Lotto Max draw.
Lottery prize payments in gaming establishments
Lottery winners may claim their prizes at the Trois-Rivières and Québec City gaming halls, Loto-Québec's Montréal and Québec City offices, or at the Casino de Montréal, Casino du Lac-Leamy, Casino de Charlevoix or Casino de Mont-Tremblant. See details on Loto-Québec's website.
Loto-Québec's mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion, in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. From January 1 to December 31, 2016, a record 104 prizes worth $1 million or more were won in Québec.
Lotteries site: loteries.lotoquebec.com
To view this news release in HTML formatting, please use the following URL: http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/January2017/25/c6471.html
For further information: Source: Patrice Lavoie, Corporate Director, Public Affairs, Press Relations and Social Media, Loto-Québec, 514-499-5130, [email protected], twitter.com/patricelavoie; Information: Danny Racine, Communications Officer, Loto-Québec, 514-499-7101, [email protected]