QUÉBEC CITY, March 20, 2019 /CNW Telbec/ - For the second year in a row, Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB) has won an Employee Recommended Workplace Award in the "mid-sized not-for-profit" category. The award is presented by Morneau Shepell and The Globe and Mail. The Employee Recommended Workplace Award recognizes excellence in achieving a healthy, engaged and productive workforce. It is the only award of its kind. It is based entirely on feedback from employees, which is collected in a survey that includes questions about the four pillars of Total Health: physical, mental, workplace and life.
"The health and mobility of our employees are YQB's greatest strength and remain a priority for us. The only reason we've had 17 consecutive years of growth, successfully delivered the largest project in our history on time and received so many national and international awards is because of our employees' hard work and commitment," stated Gaëtan Gagné, President and CEO of YQB. "We are truly honoured to be named a winner of the 2019 Employee Recommended Workplace Awards, and therefore one of the best employers in the country."
YQB has taken many steps over the past several years to reach the highest standards for a healthy workplace and become a preferred employer. The company's main initiatives include: the formation of a Health and Wellness committee; the creation of a peer recognition program that encourages spontaneous, non-monetary recognition; the release of a health, wellness, safety and environment program that allows employees to take part in conferences and sporting activities; and the use of the OfficeVibe platform to survey employees weekly on their workplace satisfaction.
What's more, the results of the Employee Recommended Workplace survey allow YQB to focus on issues specific to its workplace, helping it improve the overall health of its employees.
About Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB)
YQB is managed by Aéroport de Québec Inc., the private corporation responsible since November 1, 2000 for the management, operation, maintenance and development of Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB). Around a dozen carriers use YQB to offer connections to North America, Central America, the Caribbean, Mexico and Europe, and daily flights to the main hubs in eastern North America.
- 2019 and 2018 – Employee Recommended Workplace Awards, presented by Morneau Shepell and The Globe and Mail
- 2018 – Airport Innovation & Excellence Award – Canadian Tourism Awards
- 2018 – Excellence in Communication Practices – ACI-NA
- 2018 – INOVA Award from the Urban Development Institute of Québec
- 2018 – Level 2 Airport Carbon Accreditation certification
- 2018 – Grands Prix du génie-conseil québécois – Mechanical and electrical building engineering
- 2017 and 2015 – Priority Pass Lounge of the Year Awards – Best lounge in North America
- 2017 – Élixir PMI-Montréal award for outstanding management of the YQB 2018 project
- 2017 – Boomerang Award – Website or application – Service of the Year award for the "YQB, Aéroport de Québec" mobile app
- 2016 – Boomerang Award – Website or application – Service of the Year award for the "aeroportdequebec.com" website
- 2016 – Priority Pass Lounge of the Year Awards – Highly Commended
- 2013/2011/2010 – Best airport in North America in the 0 to 2 million passenger category, Airport Service Quality (ASQ)
SOURCE Aéroport de Québec
For further information: Laurianne Lapierre, Advisor, Communications and Media Relations, Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport, Phone: 418 640‑2700, extension 2624