Forty-two companies and six CEOs recognized for their commitment to culture
TORONTO, Nov. 22, 2018 /CNW/ - Waterstone Human Capital, Canada's leading cultural talent management firm, announced today the 2018 winners of the Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures™ and Canada's Most Admired CEO™ program. This national program recognizes best-in-class Canadian organizations and CEOs for fostering corporate cultures that enhance performance and help sustain a competitive advantage.
Organizations and CEOs are recognized as national winners in each of the following categories: Growth, Mid-Market, Enterprise and the Broader Public Sector. Two new categories were introduced to the Canada's Most Admired CEO™ program for 2018 – Social Entrepreneurship and Lifetime Achievement – to recognize leaders who have made an outstanding contribution to corporate culture over the course of their careers.
Canada's Most Admired™ Corporate Cultures of 2018– Growth
- A Thinking Ape Entertainment Ltd. (Vancouver, BC)
- Bath Fitter Distributing Inc. (Saint-Eustache, QC)
- Copeman Healthcare (Vancouver, BC)
- Copperleaf (Vancouver, BC)
- Financeit (Toronto, ON)
- Insurance Insight Inc. (Oakville, ON)
- Jan Kelley (Burlington, ON)
- Litwiniuk & Company (Calgary, AB)
- Nurse Next Door (Vancouver, BC)
- Rocky Mountain Soap Company (Canmore, AB)
- Wealthsimple (Toronto, ON)
Canada's Most Admired™ Corporate Cultures of 2018– Mid-Market
- BlueShore Financial (North Vancouver, BC)
- Cowan Insurance Group (Cambridge, ON)
- ecobee (Toronto, ON)
- goeasy Ltd. (Mississauga, ON)
- Great Little Box Company (Richmond, BC)
- KUBRA (Mississauga, ON)
- Lakeside Process Controls (Mississauga, ON)
- Nicola Wealth Management (Vancouver, BC)
- Nordia (Laval, QC)
- Questrade (Toronto, ON)
- Southwest Properties Ltd. (Halifax, NS)
Canada's Most Admired™ Corporate Cultures of 2018 – Enterprise
- Baxter Corporation (Mississauga, ON)
- CBI Health Group (Toronto, ON)
- Cineplex (Toronto, ON)
- Corus Entertainment (Toronto, ON)
- Go Auto (Edmonton, AB)
- La Coop Fédérée (Montreal, QC)
- Longo Brothers Fruit Markets Inc. (Vaughan, ON)
- LoyaltyOne (Toronto, ON)
- PCL Construction (Edmonton, AB)
- Plenary Group (Canada) Ltd. (Toronto, ON)
Canada's Most Admired™ Corporate Cultures of 2018 – Broader Public Sector
- Alberta Blue Cross (Edmonton, AB)
- BC Assessment (Victoria, BC)
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (Toronto, ON)
- City of Surrey (Surrey, BC)
- The DMZ at Ryerson University (Toronto, ON)
- Edmonton Public Library (Edmonton, AB)
- Medavie Blue Cross (Moncton, NB)
- Opportunities New Brunswick (Fredericton, NB)
- Plan International Canada (Toronto, ON)
- Saint Elizabeth Health Care (Markham, ON)
Six CEOs were recognized as Canada's Most Admired™ CEOs of 2018:
- Broader Public Sector: Kathy Kinloch, President, British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Growth: Mandy Rennehan, Founder and Blue Collar CEO™, Freshco
- Mid-Market: Jim Spatz, Executive Chairman, Southwest Properties Ltd.
- Enterprise: John Betts, President and CEO, McDonald's Restaurants of Canada Limited
- Social Entrepreneurship: Bruce Poon Tip, Founder, G Adventures
- Lifetime Achievement: Clive Beddoe, Chairman of the Board of Directors, WestJet
"At Waterstone we believe corporate culture drives performance and that it's your organization's greatest asset," said Marty Parker, President and Chief Executive Officer of Waterstone Human Capital and Chair of Canada's Most Admired™ Corporate Cultures. "What's notable about the 2018 winners is their commitment to culture as a competitive advantage. They set an outstanding example for cultivating and sustaining great cultures that ultimately drive growth and performance. This year's winning organizations are to be admired for the diverse and impactful ways they ensure culture underpins their success."
The Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures and Canada's Most Admired CEO awards will be presented at an awards gala on Thursday, February 28, 2019, in Toronto at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. The day also includes a Corporate Culture Summit – a learning event focused on corporate culture that features speakers and breakout sessions with past award winners – and a CEO-only Summit, which brings together some of the most senior executives from across Canada to network and share best practices around how to leverage corporate culture as a competitive advantage.
Tickets for all events are available online at canadasmostadmired.com.
About Waterstone Human Capital
Waterstone Human Capital is a leading cultural talent management firm. We see talent management as a continuum, inclusive of Executive Search and Recruitment, Cultural Measurement & Assessment and Cultural Alignment Advisory Services. Through these services we support entrepreneurial-minded, high-growth organizations across North America. We are also the founders of the Canada's Most Admired™ Corporate Cultures and Canada's Most Admired™ CEO programs. These national programs annually recognize best-in-class Canadian organizations, and CEOs, for fostering cultures that enhance performance and help sustain a competitive advantage.
About Canada's Most Admired™ Corporate Cultures
This national program annually recognizes best-in-class Canadian organizations for having cultures that enhance performance and help sustain a competitive advantage. Forty winners are chosen across four categories; three are based on revenue (growth, mid-market and enterprise) and one not-for-profit category (broader public sector). Organizations' submissions are scored on six categories: vision and leadership, recruitment and hiring for fit, cultural alignment and measurement, retention, rewards and recognition, organizational performance and corporate social responsibility. The Canada's Most Admired™ Corporate Cultures program creates a benchmark of success for all those who are nominated.
About Canada's Most Admired™ CEO
Founded by Waterstone Human Capital, Canada's Most Admired™ CEO runs concurrently with the Canada's Most Admired™ Corporate Cultures program and recognizes the country's most esteemed CEO's that have fostered corporate cultures that drive best-in-class performance.
SOURCE Waterstone Human Capital
For further information: For media inquiries: Lindsay George, Marketing and Communications Leader, 416-408-4545 x 227, [email protected]