– CTV owns Top 4 new programs of the season including YOUNG SHELDON, THE GOOD DOCTOR, and STATION 19 –
– YOUNG SHELDON is the most-watched debut season for a comedy series on record and ends the season as #2 most-watched series –
– THE BIG BANG THEORY is Canada's most-watched series for eight straight years –
– CTV delivers 38% more viewers than closest competitor with A25-54 –
– CTV has more Top 20 programs in key demos (including seven new series and 14/20 in the A18-34 demo alone) than all competitors combined –
– CTV has 51% more live viewers than its closest competitor –
To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/2Jn7QlZ
TORONTO, June 4, 2018 /CNW/ - With the core television season now at a close, CTV revealed today that it is the most-watched Canadian television network in primetime for 17 years in a row. With an impressive four new series in the list of the country's Top 10 most-watched programs of the year, the network is #1 across all key demos in daytime, primetime, and late-night. CTV ends the 2017/18 season with an overall average audience that is 48% larger than its closest competitor with A18-34, 43% for A18-49, and 38% with A25-54.
For the eighth year in a row, CTV delivered the most-watched new television program of the year among A18-49 and A25-54 with YOUNG SHELDON. CTV owned the Top 4 new programs of the season with total viewers and all key demos, including YOUNG SHELDON, THE GOOD DOCTOR, and STATION 19. Instant viewer favourites, YOUNG SHELDON ended its inaugural season as the second most-watched series overall in Canada with all key demos, while THE GOOD DOCTOR ranks among the Top 3 programs overall for total viewers and A18-34.
In addition, once again, flagship CTV series solidified their position as top performers in the 2017/18 season. THE BIG BANG THEORY was Canada's most-watched series for the eighth year in a row, more than any other series on record, while GREY'S ANATOMY remains a Top 10 program after 14 life-saving seasons, and even experienced growth across all key demos. THIS IS US was the #1 sophomore series in the key demos and reached a series-high audience for its post-SUPER BOWL episode.
As home to TV's biggest events including the SUPER BOWL, the ACADEMY AWARDS®, the GOLDEN GLOBE® AWARDS, THE AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS, and THE EMMY® AWARDS, CTV has 51% more live viewers than its closest competitor. In 2018, SUPERBOWL LII was the biggest television event of the year while the ACADEMY AWARDS was the most-watched entertainment event of the year.
For full press release, click here.
For further information: Laura Heath Potter, CTV Networks, 416.384.2629 or [email protected]