- CTV is Canada's #1 network with total viewers and in the key A25-54 demo for the 13th year in a row -
- CTV delivers four of Canada's Top 5 new programs -
- CTV has more Top 10, 20, and 30 programs than all other networks combined -
- CTV sees three original Canadian series rank in the Top 30 with MASTERCHEF CANADA, SAVING HOPE, and MOTIVE -
- CTV gains momentum with growth in primetime over next closest competitor -
To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/1hrrZ7Z
TORONTO, June 2, 2014 /CNW/ - As Upfront Week begins, CTV revealed today the Top 30 most-watched programs of the season, led for the fourth year in a row by THE BIG BANG THEORY with an average audience of 3.5 million viewers. With the core September 2013 - May 2014 television season now at a close, BBM Canada data confirms CTV delivered more Top 10, Top 20, and Top 30 programs than all other networks combined for total viewers, A25-54, and A18-49, including four of the Top 5 most-watched programs in the country among all key demos. The data reveals CTV is the most-watched Canadian television network among total viewers and A25-54 for a record 13 consecutive years, and has once again grown its lead in primetime against its next closest competitor.
As previously announced, CTV's MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. is the #1 new series of the year in Canada with an average audience of 2 million viewers, and becomes the first freshman series in a decade to land in the Top 5 list of the most-watched programs of the season among all key demos. CTV has now delivered the top new program of the season for the past four years in a row, and in eight of the past 10 years.
As also previously announced, MASTERCHEF CANADA is the most-watched Canadian series in the country, and becomes the first and only homegrown series in more than a decade to land in the Top 10 list for A25-54 and A18-49.
A look at the 2013-14 Canadian Television Season Report Card:
Canada's Top 5 New Programs, 2013-14
- CTV delivered four of the Top 5 new series with total viewers and in the key A18-49 and A25-54 demos.
- MARVEL's AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. is Canada's #1 new series and is the most-watched drama series among key demos.
- MASTERCHEF CANADA is the #1 new reality series and #1 new Canadian series.
|1.||MARVEL's AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. (CTV)||1.||MARVEL's AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. (CTV)||1.||MARVEL's AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. (CTV)|
|2.||THE BLACKLIST (Global)||2.||MASTERCHEF CANADA (CTV)||2.||MASTERCHEF CANADA (CTV)|
|3.||MASTERCHEF CANADA (CTV)||3.||THE BLACKLIST (Global)||3.||THE BLACKLIST (Global)|
|4.||INTELLIGENCE (CTV)||4.||MASTERCHEF JUNIOR (CTV)||4.||MASTERCHEF JUNIOR (CTV)|
|5.||MASTERCHEF JUNIOR (CTV)||5.||INTELLIGENCE (CTV)||5.||INTELLIGENCE (CTV)|
Canada's Top 30 Most-Watched Programs, 2013-2014
- CTV has more Top 10, Top 20, and Top 30 programs than all other networks combined.
- CTV has four of the Top 5 programs among all key adult demos.
- CTV has increased its number of Top 10 programs by two among A25-54.
- CTV is home to the Top 2 comedies with THE BIG BANG THEORY and TWO AND A HALF MEN among total viewers.
- CTV has both the #1 reality series with THE AMAZING RACE and the #1 new reality series MASTERCHEF CANADA.
- CTV has the #1 returning drama with GREY'S ANATOMY and the #1 new drama MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. among all key demos.
- MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D is the first new program in a decade to rank among the Top 5 most-watched programs of the season (September-May) among all key demos.
- CTV is the only network with Canadian (non-sports) programs in the Top 30, led by the #1 Canadian series MASTERCHEF CANADA and also including original series SAVING HOPE and MOTIVE.
- MASTERCHEF CANADA is the first Canadian series in more than a decade to rank among the Top 10 most-watched programs of the season (September - May) among A25-54 and A18-49.
|1||THE BIG BANG THEORY (CTV)||3.55 million||THE BIG BANG THEORY (CTV)||1.76 million|
|2||NCIS (Global)||2.56 million||THE AMAZING RACE 23 & 24 (CTV)||1.17 million|
|3||THE AMAZING RACE 23 & 24 (CTV)||2.46 million||SURVIVOR: BLOOD VS. WATER & BRAWN VS. BRAINS (Global)||1.15 million|
|4||SURVIVOR: BLOOD VS. WATER & BRAWN VS. BRAINS (Global)||2.28 million||MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. (CTV)||1.07 million|
|5||NCIS: LOS ANGELES (Global)||2.27 million||GREY'S ANATOMY (CTV)||1.05 million|
|6||GREY'S ANATOMY (CTV)||2.26 million||CRIMINAL MINDS (CTV)||903,000|
|7||C.S.I. (CTV)||2.15 million||HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA (EAST) (CBC)||892,000|
|8||CRIMINAL MINDS (CTV)||2.12 million||MASTERCHEF CANADA (CTV)||861,000|
|9||MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. (CTV)||2.024 million||NCIS (Global)||858,000|
|10||HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA (EAST) (CBC)||2.015 million||C.S.I. (CTV)||820,000|
|11||THE BLACKLIST (Global)||1.87 million||THE BLACKLIST (Global)||807,000|
|12||THE MENTALIST (CTV)||1.83 million||HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER (City)||792,000|
|13||BONES (Global)||1.81 million||NCIS: LOS ANGELES (Global)||783,000|
|14||MASTERCHEF CANADA (CTV)||1.78 million||TWO AND A HALF MEN (CTV)||779,000|
|15||INTELLIGENCE (CTV)||1.77 million||THE VOICE (CTV)||764,000|
|16||CTV EVENING NEWS (CTV)||1.72 million||MASTERCHEF JUNIOR (CTV)||753,000|
|17||BLUE BLOODS (CTV)||1.71 million||GAME OF THRONES (HBO Canada)||748,000|
|18||HAWAII FIVE-O (Global)||1.68 million||BONES (Global)||745,000|
|19||TWO AND A HALF MEN (CTV)||1.66 million||INTELLIGENCE (CTV)||741,000|
|20||PERSON OF INTEREST (CTV)||1.64 million||2 BROKE GIRLS (City)||726,000|
|21||CASTLE (CTV)||1.62 million||THE MENTALIST (CTV)||708,000|
|22||MASTERCHEF JUNIOR (CTV)||1.604 million||ARROW (CTV)||684,000|
|23||THE VOICE (CTV)||1.599 million||SAVING HOPE (CTV)||667,000|
|24||SAVING HOPE (CTV)||1.58 million||HAWAII FIVE-O (Global)||665,000|
|25||ELEMENTARY (Global)||1.54 million||ELEMENTARY (Global)||665,000|
|26||ARROW (CTV)||1.47 million||SLEEPY HOLLOW (Global)||630,000|
|27||BELIEVE (CTV)||1.35 million||THE FOLLOWING (CTV)||622,000|
|28||CHICAGO FIRE (Global)||1.34 million||PERSON OF INTEREST (CTV)||612,000|
|29||MOTIVE (CTV)||1.299 million||CASTLE (CTV)||611,000|
|30||HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER (City)||1.297 million||ALMOST HUMAN (Global)||601,000|
CTV's Growth in Primetime (7-11 p.m.)
- CTV continues to gain momentum by increasing its lead in primetime over its next closest competitor among key demos.
|CTV vs. Global|
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 13 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, digital, and Out-of-Home. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at CTV.ca.
Source: BBM Canada, Sept 23, 2013 - May 18, 2014 (Weeks 5-38, final data) vs. equivalent weeks in previous years. Audiences prior to August 31, 2009 are based on BBM Nielsen Media Research Mark II meters.
For further information:
Renée Dupuis, Publicity Director, CTV Networks, 416.384.3154 or firstname.lastname@example.org