MONTREAL, Oct. 23, 2012 /CNW Telbec/ - The Quebec Technology Association (AQT) is calling for nominations for the Investissement Québec CEO of the Year Award. Since 2003, this contest, organized by the Quebec Technology Association (AQT) in conjunction with Investissement Québec, has been shining the spotlight on CEOs of technology companies in recognition of their exemplary leadership and contributions to the visibility of the Quebec Information and Communications Technology (ICT) industry.
- The CEO's role and contribution to project completion;
- The innovative and original aspects of the achievement that highlight the CEO's leadership;
- The importance of the achievement in relation to the challenges, the availability of human and financial resources, as well as the company's current state and size.
Benefits for participating companies
- Media outreach: Media coverage of the Investissement Québec CEO of the Year Award event provides considerable promotional exposure.
- Status and renown: Participation in the Investissement Québec CEO of the Year Award event enhances the credibility and renown of the company and its CEO.
- Peer recognition: Projects are presented at the CEO Vision event and winners are voted by CEOs of ICT companies.
Nomination packages mailed, faxed or emailed to AQT must be received no later than 5 p.m., January 10, 2013.
Three finalists will be chosen by an independent selection committee comprised of CEOs of ICT companies and representatives of Investissement Québec and the Quebec Technology Association. All finalists will be featured in special reports and video coverage online, in print and in Les Affaires.
An award ceremony hosted by Investissement Québec's will be take place Thursday, February 21, 2013 during CEO Vision, an exclusive event for CEOs of Quebec technology companies, which will be held from February 20 to 23 at Mont-Tremblant. For more information, please visit www.ceovisionpdg.org/en/pdg.htm.
2012 - Eric Bergeron, CEO, Optosecurity, inc. - 2011- Claude Mc Master, Technologies D-BOX - 2010 - André d'Orsonnens, Druide informatique - 2009 - Pascal Pilon, Averna Technologies - 2008 - Alain Paquin, Komunik - 2007 - Didier Gombert, Objectif Lune - 2006 - David Gellerman, Advantech - 2005 - Jean Mignault, Technologies 20-20 - 2004 - Karol Brassard, Nexxlink Technologie - 2003 - Dennis Wood.
About the Quebec Technology Association (AQT) www.aqt.ca
The Quebec Technology Association promotes innovative SMEs in the ICT industry by helping their CEOs and management teams reach business development objectives.
Now the largest ICT business network in Quebec, the AQT, a non-profit, self-funded organization, provides its 500 member and affiliate companies with local and international networking opportunities, as well as business comparison and improvement tools - true building blocks of success!
About Investissement Québec
Investissement Québec's mission is to foster the growth of investment in Québec, thereby contributing to economic development and job creation in every region. It offers businesses a full range of financial solutions, including loans, loan guarantees and equity investments, to support them at all stages of their development. It is also responsible for tax incentive administration and foreign investment prospecting.
SOURCE: QUEBEC TECHNOLOGY ASSOCIATION (AQT)
For further information:
AQT - Valérie Danger, Director of Communications and Projects, 514 874-2667, ext. 118, [email protected]