OTTAWA, March 23, 2012 /CNW/ - In these days of breakfast television and mobile apps, is morning news radio still relevant?
More than ever, argue John Moore, NewsTalk 1010 morning show host, Marlane Oliver, 680 News morning news co-anchor and Laura Brown, Senior Producer of CBC Metro Morning - Toronto's number one non-music morning show.
It would be any radio program director's dream team to have Moore host, Oliver anchor the news and Brown produce that morning show on any news and talk radio station. Come see that dream on Saturday, April 28 at 10:45 a.m., come to the 2012 CAJ conference to see them discuss why morning radio still matters with moderator Steve Kowch, former program director at CFRB Newstalk 1010 in Toronto and now head of Kowchmedia.com.
Register today for the Canadian Association of Journalists conference. There are only two weeks remaining until early bird rates come to an end!
#CAJ2012 will hold three days of workshops, keynotes, and panel discussions for — and by — journalists scheduled from April 27-29 at the Fairmont Royal York in Toronto. Some of our confirmed guests include:
- A keynote address from Huffington Post Canada Managing Editor Kenny Yum on HuffPo's first year north of the 49th parallel
- A feature chat between Alfred Hermida, social media researcher at UBC and David Skok, Harvard University's 2012 Neiman Journalism Fellow, on Creative Destruction: Firing up your newsroom with new models of journalism.
- Brilliant Newsroom Careers: why women stay, why they leave and why it matters, with Marcie Ien of CTV's Canada AM and Emma Reilly of the Hamilton Spectator.
- Sports journalists reveal how they plan to cover the London 2012 Summer Olympics in the age of social media.
- Career tips for job seekers from hiring managers at CP 24, CBC, the Globe and Mail, Corus and more.
The CAJ is Canada's largest national professional organization for journalists from all media, representing almost 600 members across the country. The CAJ's primary roles are public-interest advocacy and high-quality professional development for its members.
For further information:
Hugo Rodrigues, CAJ president, 519-756-2020 ext. 2226, 519-535-8680 cell [email protected]
Ellin Bessner, 2012 conference committee, 416-289-5000 ext. 8826, [email protected]
Shauna Rempel, 2012 conference committee, 416-869-4300 [email protected]