VANCOUVER, Feb. 8 /CNW/ - Terrorism, crime, mass organized street protests. These are just some of the security threats over 6,000 specially designated police, 4,500 military, and an additional 6,000 private security operatives are all focusing on to help ensure a safe 2010 Winter Olympics.
What is the current result of all the advance security planning and intelligence analysis? According to Robert Burns, President of the Canpro Global group of risk mitigation companies, "We're ready to host the world and show them what a safe city Vancouver is. Over the past year, we have worked closely with our 2010 Olympic sponsor clients to assess and mitigate the various security risks they could encounter during the Olympics. Our planning, and that done by the police and other security agencies is paying off now. While we are prepared for any eventuality, all current indications are that the threat of a major security incident is low during the Olympics." Burns went on to say that as western Canada's largest risk mitigation and security consulting firm, "We more than doubled the size of our company to 500 to bring in additional security drivers, close protection operatives, site security operatives, crowd management specialists, and security engineers to meet the diverse needs of our clients."
"We provide higher-end, boutique security solutions to our clients," says Mark LaLonde, a Director at Canpro Global. "The clients that hire our services are interested in unique strategies to address specific concerns, including human safety, physical site security and reputation protection. The lessons we learn from the 2010 Olympics will be applied to large client projects we are currently involved in overseas."
About Canpro(R) Global
Canpro Global Services Inc. is a BC based leader in risk mitigation, through its subsidiaries - Investigations, HRservices, Risk Solutions, Training Resources and Labour Risk Management.
Current projects illustrating the range of our human safety and security expertise include, in part:
- Providing a range of security solutions to fourteen 2010 Winter Games
clients, including major corporate sponsors and visiting VIP's
- Working as an expert advisor with the United Nations to develop
international guidelines for the private security industry, its role
in community crime prevention, and how best to regulate the industry
- Provision of strategic security solutions and threat management for
several international clients in the Alberta oil sands
- Managing a large, armed guard force in northern Kurdistan for a
Canadian oil company exploration project
- Developing national standards for security guard training in the
United Arab Emirates
- Establishing a series of higher-end private security training schools
- Opening an office in Kabul, Afghanistan, to offer a range of
protective services to the Afghan national government and
- Creating local security guard standards in Trinidad for a Canadian
chemical plant operating outside Port of Spain
- Working with UNICEF to build national police capacity relating the
rights of children, commercial sexual exploitation and trafficking of
children in Vietnam and Myanmar
- Working with the UN Office on Drugs & Crime to enhance human rights
practices within the Southern Sudan Prison Service
- Development of an international police handbook for the UN Office on
Drugs & Crime focusing on best practices in police response to
violence against women
- Auditing the risk of violence to students and staff at a western
- Reviewing practices designed to enhance field staff safety for a BC
government regulatory compliance authority
- Follow-up investigation services in support of the Government of
Canada initiative to assist Aboriginal survivors of residential
Canpro has been the company of choice for governments, corporations and the legal community in Canada and abroad since 1975. Since its inception, Canpro Global has built itself into a full-service risk mitigation company.
With international offices now operating in Canada, United Arab Emirates, India, Uganda, Iraq, Cyprus, Afghanistan, Costa Rica and other regions, Canpro has proven itself worthy of the name, Global Services. In 2009, Canpro provided client services in fourteen different countries.
For more information visit www.canproglobal.com. For an expert commentator, call us!
SOURCE CKR Global
For further information: For further information: Brian Lawrence, National Manager - Media Relations, Canpro Global, Tel: (604) 517-4545, Cell: (250) 619-1291, Email: email@example.com; Mark LaLonde, 2010 Winter Games Security Spokesperson, Canpro Global, Tel: (604) 517-4545, Cell: (604) 787-8498, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org