– Specially curated Canada 150 Collection, streaming now, celebrates Canadian talent in front of and behind the camera including Canuck superstars such as Ryan Reynolds, Ryan Gosling, Rachel McAdams, Tatiana Maslany, Mike Myers, Jim Carrey, John Candy, David Cronenberg, Jean Marc Vallée, Deepa Mehta, Atom Egoyan, and many others –
– The Movie Network and TMN Encore also present special Canada Day marathons on all channels, Saturday, July 1 –
To tweet this release: http://bmpr.ca/2rIatHa
TORONTO, June 19, 2017 /CNW/ - Grab a cold one and run the maple leaf up the flagpole: TMN GO, The Movie Network's multi-platform streaming service, celebrates the 150th anniversary of Canadian confederation with a specially curated collection of 150 films and documentaries, made by and starring Canadians. From contemporary Hollywood hit movies and acclaimed homegrown films and documentaries, to timeless classics from every era, the Canada 150 Collection will have movie lovers from coast-to-coast-to-coast celebrating the iconic films and stars that put the Great White North on the world stage. To view the entire collection, which is streaming now, click HERE.
On Saturday, July 1, The Movie Network and TMN Encore also celebrate Canada's big anniversary with a special programming lineup that takes over the service's six multiplex channels – TMN 1, TMN 2, TMN 3, HBO Canada 1, TMN Encore, and TMN Encore 2 – all day long. Beginning at 6 a.m. ET, subscribers can catch a selection of the Canada 150 Collection titles, plus marathons of acclaimed titles like the Peabody Award-winning, made-in-Canada documentary series HIP-HOP EVOLUTION, and HBO miniseries BIG LITTLE LIES and SHOW ME A HERO, helmed by Canadian directors Jean Marc Vallée and Paul Haggis. For more information on the July 1 programming lineup, visit The Movie Network, HBO Canada, and TMN Encore.
Highlights of TMN GO's Canada 150 Collection include:
- The pay television debut of Canadian films: Jean of the Joneses; Bruce McDonald's Canadian Screen Award-winner Weirdos; and indie flicks Two Lovers and a Bear and The Other Half starring Emmy®-winner Tatiana Maslany (ORPHAN BLACK)
- Recent Canadian Screen Award winning films including: Xavier Dolan's It's Only the End of the World; the Academy Award®-winning Room; Robert Budreau's Born to be Blue, Paul Gross' Hyena Road, Atom Egoyan's Remember, Stephen Hopkins' Race; Academy Award-nominated Brooklyn; and many more
- Hollywood hit titles featuring famous Canadian passport holders including: Deadpool (Ryan Reynolds); Southpaw and Spotlight (Rachel McAdams); The Nice Guys (Ryan Gosling); Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising, Kung Fu Panda 3, and Sausage Party (Seth Rogen); and more
- Stimulating Canadian documentaries like: Altman; Chameleon; Fanarchy; P.K. Subban Skate Past the Noise; Rush: Time Stand Still; Satan Lives; Super Duper Alice Cooper; and Takedown: The DNA of GSP
- Critically acclaimed and cult Canadian classics: Atanarjuat: The Fast Runner, the world's first screenplay written in Inuktitut; Sarah Polley's Away From Her; Deepa Mehta's Bollywood/Hollywood; the late John Candy in Canadian Bacon; Denis Villeneuve's Enemy; Michael McGowan's One Week starring Joshua Jackson; cult classic Porky's; Owning Mahowny (Maury Chaykin); Kim Nguyen's Rebelle (War Witch); the late Rob Stewart's Sharkwater; Atom Egoyan's Where the Truth Lies; and David Cronenberg's Videodrome and Spider
- Unforgettable Hollywood classics featuring famous Canadian exports including: American Pie (Eugene Levy); Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (Mike Myers); The Mask (Jim Carrey); James Cameron's Avatar and The Terminator; Home Alone (Catherine O'Hara); Jason Reitman's Juno; The Matrix (Keanu Reeves); Paul Haggis' Million Dollar Baby; Norman Jewison's Moonstruck; Stand By Me (Kiefer Sutherland); and X-Men: The Last Stand (Anna Paquin)
About The Movie Network:
The Movie Network is a national pay television service delivering premiere access to Hollywood hit movies, new and exclusive HBO content, critically acclaimed SHOWTIME series and first-rate Canadian programming to subscribers. The Movie Network and TMN Encore service includes six 24-hour multiplex channels – TMN 1, TMN 2, TMN 3, HBO Canada 1, TMN Encore, and TMN Encore 2. All seven multiplex channels are simulcast in High Definition and joined by TMN GO, a multi-platform video streaming service, and The Movie Network OnDemand. The Movie Network is a division of Bell Media, which is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about The Movie Network is available at www.themovienetwork.ca.
SOURCE The Movie Network
For further information: Nicolle Stranges, 416.384.2056, [email protected]