– CTV is home to the #1 Series and Comedy (THE BIG BANG THEORY) and the #1 Drama (THE GOOD DOCTOR) –
– CTV leads in all key demos with eight of the Top 10 programs –
– CTV remains Canada's most-watched network this fall, leading the competition by double digits –
To tweet this release: bmpr.ca/2CpEQ95
TORONTO, Dec. 20, 2018 /CNW/ - As the Fall 2018 television season draws to a close, data from Numeris reveals that for the 15th fall season in a row, CTV is Canada's most-watched network, with the most Top 10 shows with total viewers and across all key demos. Again this year, the network is home to the Top 3 most-watched shows with total viewers and in the A18-34 and A25-54 demos including THE BIG BANG THEORY, THE GOOD DOCTOR, and YOUNG SHELDON.
Leading its closest competitor by more than 20% in primetime across all key demos, CTV has eight of the Top 10 programs across all key demos and six of the Top 10 most-watched shows with total viewers. Scoring big with the young A18-34 demo, CTV has the Top 5 programs with THE BIG BANG THEORY, THE GOOD DOCTOR, GREY'S ANATOMY, YOUNG SHELDON, and STATION 19. Overall, CTV has seen primetime growth in four days of the week, including: Tuesdays (+32% A25-54), Wednesdays (+12% A25-54), Thursdays (+12% A25-54), and Saturdays (+18% A25-54).
CTV's perennial hit THE BIG BANG THEORY continues to deliver huge audiences for its final season as the most-watched series in Canada for the ninth fall in row, and leads the Top 3 comedies along with YOUNG SHELDON and THE CONNERS. For a second straight year, THE GOOD DOCTOR is the most-watched drama while THIS IS US and GREY'S ANATOMY rank close behind in the demos.
Data from Numeris also reveals that:
- CTV continues to lead the Thursday night lineup – more than doubling the primetime audience of any other network.
- CTV programs with the largest growth year-over-year include fan-favourites: BLUE BLOODS (+30% A25-54) and LAW AND ORDER: SVU (+8% A25-54).
- THE ROOKIE is one of the fall's Top 10 programs, and one of Canada's Top 3 new series in all key demos.
- New to CTV, THE RESIDENT has doubled its audience over last spring and consistently wins its timeslot.
- THIS IS US is experiencing its best season yet, growing 33% in A25-54 over last fall.
- In its Wednesday timeslot, GREY'S ANATOMY is the night's most-watched program among A18-34 viewers.
- STATION 19 is now a Top 10 series, growing more than 30% over its spring debut.
- CTV remains home to Canada's most-watched national newscast with CTV NATIONAL NEWS WITH LISA LAFLAMME.
To view full press release, Click Here.
Source: Numeris, Fall 2018 (Sept. 24 – Dec. 16, 2018). Mon-Sun 7-11p. Preliminary data subject to change, with playback up to Dec. 17, 2018. Audiences prior to August 31, 2009 based on BBM Nielsen Media Research Mark II meters