Key Players Gather in Calgary at North America's Premier Arctic Oil & Gas Conference
CALGARY, March 5, 2012 /CNW/ - The Arctic Oil & Gas Symposium is the gathering place for industry players, community leaders, government and regulators involved in northern projects. Featuring keynotes, panel discussions and an unparalleled speaker faculty, this annual event will address the latest policy and project updates, as well as explore challenges and opportunities on the forefront of Canadian and U.S. Arctic energy development.
Highlights from this year's event include:
- Results from the NEB's Arctic Offshore Drilling Review and major geological and seismic research
- Details on the Northwest Territories' record land sales and the emerging unconventional play in the North
- The latest infrastructure details on the Mackenzie Gas Pipeline and Mackenzie Valley Development Corridor
2012 Speaker Faculty Includes:
- Joseph L. Handley, Former Premier Northwest Territories as symposium chair
- Hon. Eva Aariak, Premier, Nunavut
- David Ramsay, Minister of Industry, Tourism and Investment, Minister of Transportation
- Marcilynn A. Burke, Acting Assistant Secretary for Land and Minerals Management, U.S. Department of the Interior
- John Hogg, Vice President, MGM Energy Corp.
- Janet King, Assistant Deputy Minister, Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada
- Cece McCauley, President, Norman Wells Land Corp
- Larry Persily, Federal Coordinator, Alaska Natural Gas Transportation Projects
- Robert J. Reid, President, Mackenzie Valley Aboriginal Pipeline LP
- Sheila Riordon, Canada's Senior Artic Official, Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade
- Robert Steedman, Professional Leader, Environment, National Energy Board
|Conference Title:||12th Annual Arctic Oil & Gas Symposium|
|Date:||March 13-14, 2012|
|Location:||Hyatt Regency Calgary|
About CI Energy Group
CI Energy Group is a division of The Canadian Institute and a member of the C5 Group of Companies, an international network of leading conference and business information providers. Staffed by industry experts and lawyers, CI Energy Group produces an extensive portfolio of research driven, timely business conferences for the global energy and commodities sectors. Covering a range of operational, technical and policy issues our market-led forums provide the business intelligence that decision makers need to react effectively to challenges and opportunities in the evolving worldwide energy marketplace. For more information, visit www.CanadianInstitute.com.
Media passes are issued at the discretion of The Canadian Institute and must be arranged in advance. Passes require two business days to process.
For further information:
For media accreditation contact: Jessika Hunt, 416-927-0718 Ext. 7324 or [email protected].