MONTRÉAL, Aug. 8, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - The winner of the July 14, 2017, $10 million Lotto Max jackpot came to pick up his cheque this morning. Mr. David Beaudry, a Montérégie resident agreed to share this happy time with the media at Loto-Québec's head office.
- Lottery: Lotto Max
- Prize won: $10,000,000
- Category: Jackpot
- Draw date: July 14, 2017
- Winner's place of residence: Montérégie
- Retailer: Presse Gateway (1 Boulevard des Promenades, Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville)
- The retailer will receive a 1% prize of $100,000.
- Claim centre: Loto-Québec's head offices in Montréal
- Mr. Beaudry occasionally buys lottery products and usually chooses to participate in group tickets.
- When he got to his retailer, he was disappointed to see that all the group tickets had been sold.
- He therefore decided to play alone this time.
- After the draw, Mr. Beaudry didn't check his ticket until he saw on Facebook that Loto-Québec was looking for the person who bought the $10 million winning ticket in Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville.
- He sat down at his computer with his ticket in hand and realized that he was that winner!
- It took several checks before he believed his ship had actually come in.
Lottery prize payments in gaming establishments
Lottery winners may claim their prizes at the Trois-Rivières and Québec City gaming halls, Loto-Québec's Montréal and Québec City offices, or at the Casino de Montréal, Casino du Lac-Leamy, Casino de Charlevoix or Casino de Mont-Tremblant. See details on Loto-Québec's website.
Loto-Québec's mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion, in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. From January 1 to August 8, 2017, Loto-Québec paid out 75 prizes worth $1 million or more and created 90 millionaires. Gagnant à vie! and Grande Vie lotteries have respectively provided 11 and 10 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity.
Lotteries site: loteries.lotoquebec.com
twitter.com/LotoQcLoteries Mot-clic : #lotoquebec
For further information: Source: Patrice Lavoie, Corporate Director, Public Affairs, Press Relations and Social Media, Loto-Québec, 514-499-5130, email@example.com, twitter.com/patricelavoie; Information: Elaine Arsenault, Communications Advisor, Loto-Québec, 514-499-5208, firstname.lastname@example.org