MONTRÉAL, Dec. 28, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - Outaouais resident Kirk Kelly won a prize of $1,000,000 at the December 22 draw of Lotto Max.
- Lottery: Lotto Max
- Prize won: $1,000,000
- Category: Maxmillions
- Draw date: December 22, 2017
- Winners' place of residence: Outaouais
- Retailer: Dépanneur Le Spot (21 Rue Principale, Gatineau)
- The retailer will receive $10,000, the equivalent of 1% of the prize.
- Claim centre: Loto-Québec headquarters in Montréal
- Kirk Kelly has been playing the lottery for 30 years, but never won more than $90.
- Being a regular at the convenience store where he purchased his Lotto Max ticket, that's where he went to have it validated. When the store clerk announced he had won a million dollars, the clerk's spouse leapt up to give the winner a hug.
- He returned home, stunned, and woke up his wife and one of his daughters to tell them the good news, crying tears of joys.
- He plans on setting the money aside to pay for his four children's university, and retire early to consecrate some time to his pet projects.
Lottery prize payments in gaming establishments
Lottery winners may claim their prizes at the Trois-Rivières and Québec City gaming halls, Loto-Québec's Montréal and Québec City offices, or at the Casino de Montréal, Casino du Lac-Leamy, Casino de Charlevoix or Casino de Mont-Tremblant. All details are on the You've won? page of the Lotteries site.
Loto-Québec's mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion, in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. From January 1 to December 28, 2017, Loto-Québec paid out 107 prizes worth $1 million or more and created 132 millionaires. Gagnant à vie! and Grande Vie lotteries have provided 29 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity.
For further information: Source: Patrice Lavoie, Corporate Director of Public Affairs, Press Relations and Social Media, Loto-Québec, 514-499-5130,patrice.lavo[email protected], twitter.com/patricelavoie; Information: Renaud Dugas, Senior Advisor - Public Affairs, Press Relations and Social Media, Loto-Québec, 514-499-5208, [email protected]