MONTRÉAL, Dec. 28, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - Montréal resident Hollis Baptiste won a prize of $1,000,000 at the December 22 draw of Lotto Max.
- Lottery: Lotto Max
- Prize won: $1,000,000
- Category: Maxmillions
- Draw date: December 22, 2017
- Winners' place of residence: Montréal
- Retailer: Marché Fruiterie Cité (7427 Avenue Harley, Montréal)
- The retailer will receive $10,000, the equivalent of 1% of the prize.
- Claim centre: Loto-Québec headquarters in Montréal
- Hollis Baptiste first arrived in Montréal 40 years ago and has been playing the lottery ever since.
- A true blue Lotto 6/49 and Lotto Max fan, his biggest win at games of chance up to now was $200.
- He checked his ticket himself at home and quickly realized he that he had won one of the 30 Maxmillions prizes in play at the December 22 draw.
- Still in a state of shock, he immediately contacted one of his daughters to tell her the good news.
- He plans on investing the money while he takes time out to decide what he will do.
Lottery prize payments in gaming establishments
Lottery winners may claim their prizes at the Trois-Rivières and Québec City gaming halls, Loto-Québec's Montréal and Québec City offices, or at the Casino de Montréal, Casino du Lac-Leamy, Casino de Charlevoix or Casino de Mont-Tremblant. All details are on the You've won? page of the Lotteries site.
Loto-Québec's mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion, in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. From January 1 to December 27, 2017, Loto-Québec paid out 107 prizes worth $1 million or more and created 132 millionaires. Gagnant à vie! and Grande Vie lotteries have provided 29 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity.
For further information: Source: Patrice Lavoie, Corporate Director of Public Affairs, Press Relations and Social Media, Loto-Québec, 514-499-5130, firstname.lastname@example.org, twitter.com/patricelavoie; Information: Renaud Dugas, Senior Advisor - Public Affairs, Press Relations and Social Media, Loto-Québec, 514-499-5208, email@example.com
Loto-Québec's mission is to responsibly manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion, in the interest of all Quebecers.